Can S3/TT calipers be used for 312mm A4 conversion?

au_sjo

Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if S3/TT front calipers can be used on an A4 as a direct replacement for a 312mm conversion?

I know you use the carriers with the A4 calipers, but not sure if the A3 calipers will work too? I only ask because there's a guy selling TT refurbished calipers on ebay with carriers and this may be an option.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if they are the same, they may well be, but i couldnt be certain.

Check brakeworlds catalog (www.brakeworld.co.uk) to see if the calipers have the same part number. The advantage of just using the carriers is that you dont need to split the hydraulic system.

ive wondered that, ive been looking for caliper carriers on there own for about 6 months without luck

I'd be surprised if they were the same.. someone probably would have figured it out by now.. but you never know.. not many people actually get their hands dirty with this stuff to investigate!! :)

I'm after a set too. Wonder if we could sort a group buy?

I'm after a set too. Wonder if we could sort a group buy?

A group buy of what? I doubt an Audi dealer will be too interested in doing a discount to the public for carriers. I can get them at trade price but it's still a bit steep for two small pieces of cast aluminium.