Disappointing horn volume

aagallarini

Reaction score
I had an occaision to use my horn today when I had to avoid hitting a lady in a pickup failing to yeild the right-of-way, to me. I noticed her looking over her shoulder (not in my direction) as if she was trying to figure out where the honking was coming from. I'm not sure if she ever saw me, even though it was only 5:30 pm and my headlights were on.

I can't even really tell where the horn sound comes from. Sometimes it sounds like it's under the floorpan or in the trunk.

Has anyone done a successful horn upgrade with another model horn or aftermarket model? I'm really disappointed with the stock horn, and will change it, I just thought I'd ask to see if anyone here has done this type of modification.

My horns really good. Are you sure they haven't wired yours up to the one in the boot for the stock alarm? It's in the left hand cubbyhole behind the boot liner.

The horn sounds pretty decent with the hood (as we call the bonnet in the US) raised. But with the hood closed, like I hope it would stay while I'm driving, still a little weak to get the attention of the driver of a poorly driven vehicle with the windows raised and radio playing. So does the alarm horn, with the trunk (US version of boot) open. In fact the alarm is really loud if you remove the tool box and leave the liner cover open, too. I guess it's just the overall quality of the materials that is deadening the sound of both horns.

I'd like to have both of them louder, honestly. I'll have to get under the car and find a good place to mount another louder horn.

My horn is pretty loud, its all stock and does thre trick. I rarely use it but when i do its heard