FAULT CODES

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
i had my car plugged in earlier and it revealed these codes:-

17528 - 02 sensor heating circ, B2 S1- sensor 1 open

16538 - 02 sensor circ,B2 S1 no activity detected

it had various fault codes on it which were cleared but these are staying up, my car is misfiring due to me disconnecting the battery last nite. i cant see how doin this with my battery would cause this problem as the car was fine yesterday! the guy who plugged it in for me should be comin back tomorro hopefully with his laptop cuz i was advised by sienna that i mite need my throttle body reset and as im not to hot on the technical side of the S4 i just need advice on wot would cause these problems and how to fix them. Any ideas lads?

Thats a faulty O2 sensor there, that will cause poor performance and maybe crap economy.

The adaption can be done without the laptop by dissconecting the battery for 15 mins, reconnect, then turn on ignition for 3mins without starting engine, turn off and then restart.

That can cause irratic idling, but not an actual missfire as such

if its misfiring then dont overlook the good old mechanics and jump streight in with the computer...

Check the spark plugs for condition and gap before you do anything.

Misfiring could be the coils or the ignition amps (there are two).

Vagcom MAY be able to identify which bank is missfiring, if it can then try swaping the ignition amps and the coils around to see if the problem moves and hopefully you can narrow it down.