hello all

GforceA4

Reaction score
hello all

just thought i say hello, ive just got an audi a4 1.8t quattro sport 180bhp :blackrs4:and im lookin for some help in so give it more power and betta suspension and what the best way going about it all?

ill get some pics up asap

the site is tops

Cheers G

A remap and exhaust with sport CAT are the best bang for the money which should see you with around 211-220bhp and suspension wise coilovers are the best route but if on a budget I would go H&R race spring which I had on my 1.8Tq and loved it

Had mine mapped got 212bhp out of it very happy with it.
Never thought about lowering it happy with the way it looks with 18"s on.
Great drive.

here a pic of my A4

DSCF0446.jpg

the wheels will be up for sale soon

all comments welcome its lowered 30mm on spax spring at the moments

On the suspension i wouldnt neccesarily say "coilovers are the best route"

Sure dropping a grand on a set of KW V2's will be awesome, but a £200 no-name set from ebay is going to be dubious at best.

If you cant afford a proper coilover kit, then an good spring and damper set will do nicely.

If you want a GOOD suspension kit your looking at spending around £500, for springs and dampers. Alternatively you can fit some good springs just now, and then save up for the dampers later on.

Eibach's Pro-Kit gets by vote for springs, however it doesnt lower the car by all that much as its designed for optimal handling rather than looks. If you want it in the weeds then i've heard good things about H&R, but i wouldnt be expecting a nice ride from it.

On the engine front, imo theres two options. You either chip it, enjoy the resulting 200ish HP and leave it at that, or do the job properly and fit a large turbo (T28 or GT28RS for instance), with a new manifold, an FMIC, larger injectors etc etc and aim for 300+. There are options that will fit in the middle, but imo its just not worth the money.

atm im runnin spax springs 30mm drop which ride well, gettin a custom zorst and remapp and got a few body mods but keeping with the audi oem look. possible put rs4 brakes on it,

coilovers are your best bet, a set of weitec hicon GT £565 or some AP coilys for £393 but if you are not on a budget then H+R are the boys for bout £1200-1300 or a good set of KW variant 2.

im putting AP on my S4 as my budget cant stretch to over a grand but if i did have the cash it would be H+R

£1200 is overkill.
I am running KW V3 coilovers which whilst "firm" in town, are fecking awesome at speed.
set me back £990.
ring Stewart at KW300 on 0161 355 1275.

advice. get your bushes/arms done and a proper suspension geometry set up done. find someone who does 4wd rally cars in the area.
transforms your car.
then you have a decent platform for your new suspension.

as for brakes. loiter with intent on RS246 and pick up some B5 RS4 or if you are lucky B7 RS4. I tried to get a group buy together for B7 and it never took off!
I have a pet German who does good prices on B7 kit if you need it.

8 pot Brembo RS4 calipers (left and right) - 839,00 Euro
B7 360mm drilled discs (B7 RS4 front discs) - 820,00 Euro
Rear RS4 B7 calipers - 480,00 Euro
B7 rear brake discs drilled - 680,00 Euro
Rear bracket 250 Euros
front and Rear pads 320 Euros

Full new B7 kit for Euro3000

set of rs4 b7's just gone on ebay for £560 was very tempted but just finished spending ££££'s on mine so another years budget i'd think!
can back up the KW var 3 hype! fantastic! the only thing i've driven better may have been my billstien's on the s3 but they were even more than the kw's!!

good luck...once you start its all £££££££££££££

just calipers?
I paid £800 for front calipers and discs (B7) with less than a 1000 miles on them.
the discs new are clsoe to £500

tbh i woulnt bother with RS4 calipers. They are expensive to buy, and even more so to maintain.

Craig just picked up a set of B6 S4 calipers (345mm) for £80 on ebay. Disks are £50 each and pads range from £30 for standard mintex redbox, to £130ish for DS2500's

I really dont think you're going to find theres that much of a difference between those and the RS4 calipers.

Also remember with brakes that you need to keep the bias. If you upgrade the fronts, you really need to upgrade the rears a similar amount.

Craigs looking at facelift S8 rears (280mm), again calipers are cheap, disks are £35 for a pair and pads are the same as the normal B5 ones.

Cost vs performance the B6 S4 parts are far better value imo.