Aero Wipers wont fit

H2o-uk

Reaction score
I purchased some METO Aero Wiper blades from ebay for £9.95, firstly they are a very nice quality item, and look identical to the ones on my B7 A4, which leads me to believe they would work as well too. However the seller has sent me a 21" for the drivers side and a 22" for the passenger side, but the passenger side hits the A Pillar. I've requested they send me out another 21" blade to recitfy the issue, but it would appear other people have bought the same set of blades for there A4's within the same year bracket 94 - 01 and have left excellent feedback saying they fits perfectly.

Have I done something wrong when fitting them ?

Great, Im not being stupid then :), I'll pester them for another 21" blade then and update the thread on how well they work.

Thanks

I'm interested to know. A tenner for two Aero blades is a bargain but, living in Wales, they do get put through their paces a fair bit...

Good news !

The seller is sending me another 21" wiper on the post ASAP. I shall get them fitted and let you all know how good they actually are.

Being that im in Leeds they should get plenty of use over the winter months :)

Just reading your post about blade sizes with interest, and measured mine before I ordered a set of flat blades also. My B5 has a 22" on the drivers side and a 21" on the passenger side. Are you sure that you haven`t simply fitted them the wrong way round ?

Well I thought that could possibly be the case, but the blades that are currently fitted are both 21". They only take two mins to re fit, I'll have another look possibly trying the 22" on the drivers side.

I tried the 22" on the drivers side and it catches against the passenger side wiper blade mid sweep, so Im pretty sure mine needs 2 x 21". I have fitted them and tested them, but they dont sit right on the glass, so they have been taken off. but for a tenner it was worth a try. Good quality item though, just not bent enough for the B5 windscreen.

i had some cheap retrofit aeros i purchased from maccess for about a fiver but ended up taking them off.

I found that they juddered a lot while at speed, mainly because it looked like they were designed for LHD cars, the curve on top of the blade that acts a bit like a spoiler was upside down, so the wind would lift the blades of the screen instead of pushing them down like they would on a LHD car. Plus they didnt curve enough for the passenger side of the screen, and the end of the blade wouldnt touch the screen for about half the sweep. Took em off and replaced them with a pair of champion blades with a spoiler on the drivers side and the curved passenger side blade and its much better, and both of them are 21"

how well do they work, do they have full conact with the screen, as this was the problem I had on the ones I bought. Do they wipe well, because if they are any good I'll buy a set.:yes:

So far, can`t fault them . . . .

I usually buy Bosch blades, cost an arm and a leg, but fancied trying these instead. Not sure that they are as good as the Bosh ones costing near £30 a pair, and have not yet tried them in anger in heavy rain, but so far so good. They touch the screen completely, and the rear one also seems to function perfecetly also. Quality is better than some of the cheapies I have seen on the boot sales, and the locking mechanism seemed to fit very nicely.

Would I recommend them? Yeah, I guess I might !!

How are your wipers getting on, are they still wiping OK. I'm wondering as you have a 1999 car is it a facelift model, if so I would like to know if anyone on here knows if they changed something on the wiper arms on taht model. I only ask as I dont want to order another set of wipers and find the 22" driver side fowls on the passenger side again.

Anyone :)

I have now tried the wipers in anger at speed and so far, so good. I had a couple of "judders" at the top of the screen on the drivers side after about an hour`s useage, but nothing since. I`m going to keep them on there anyway. I have one on the rear also, and that too is fine.

I don`t think my car is a facelift model, but not entirely certain how you can tell.

Ive bitten the bullet and just bought a set, as they are only a tenner delivered. Lets hope these fair better than the other set I bought.

dont know if the arms are different or something, but my pre-facelift defo has two 21" blades, and the passenger one is curved.