Clear rear light mod

stapo69

All hail the mighty quattro!
Reaction score
So I got my facelift lights last week and looking at them I wasn't too keen on the yellow showing through for the indicators, clear white and red lenses spoiled by them.

Out came a big screwdriver and a coupe of pairs of needle nose pliers, I knocked the plastic cap off where it's glued on so it dropped into the cluster, then broke it up enough into small pieces to fit out of the bulb hole. Fiddly but easy enough, and once again, cheap but effective, which we like!

Then on the internet for a pair of silvertec bulbs, the ones that are silver coated, but flash yellow.

Before:
DSC00346.jpg

After:
DSC00347.jpg

Side by side:
DSC00342.jpg

I'll have some pics of them fitted once the bulbs arrive.

Hmm. Keen to see them powered up.

The bulbs are in the post, I'll get pics up as soon as. Just gotta get 1 when the lights flash on, could be there some time......

I did the same mod on a different car, it will flash orange no problem :)
All you are doing is removing the orange filter, which is then replaced with the Silvertecs

will be nice to see when on the car and 'powered up' as sienna says.

i remember someone on this forum was going to mod some OE lights with LEDs.

im thinkin about modding my FK lights having red leds down the side... like so...

25072008418-1.jpg

im thinking of the brake and indicator lights that would look AWESOME

Oh yeah! Forgot about them bulbs.

Here they are, powered up as requested! Can't tell any difference, apart from the horrible orangeness is gone when they're off, just that bit tidier. Thought I'd put a quick vid up, easier than trying to photograph them on!