163bhp?

Dans-first-Audi

Reaction score
Just sorted insurance on the A4 I am picking up next week.

It's a facelift automatic (i know!) 1.8t Sport - insurance class it as 163bhp..

I thought they were all 150bhp?

Any ideas? cheers team.

a facelift b5 1.8t quattro sport is 180.

it will either be a 150 or 180.... they dont make em at 163. i would go with ian tho faclifts are 180bhp as they have a ko3s turbo not the ko3 as the pre face lifts have got.

thats prob all wrong but thats what i always thought.

i can garentee it aint 163 from the factory tho!

Just seems weird that's what insurance states.

Not ***** really, just as it's torquey(ish) and comfy.

Fiesta is for speed!

you will prob find it slow on acceleration compaired to the fezzy.. my mk2 golf gti would **** over my audi off the line. Audi would be flying past it as soon as i hit second gear tho! lol

dunno mate mine feels ok.. pulls to 100mph (on a private road of corse) in 3rd.

Na, don't wanna loose ride comfort.

I think 18s look too big.

Coilovers won't happen either! ;)

fair enough mate...each to there own. mine has 18s on and tbh you hardly notice the comfort difference.

im sure things will change at the end of next week once my coilies are fitted!! lol

163 is the B6 version

side9ez.jpg

That looks fantastic - thats how I like it, nice and sutble!

What are you doing with your current springs? (shocks?) what are they?

just standerd sports springs mate... they will prob sit in my shed untill the pikeys nick em! lol

163ps is the B6 version, which equates to 160bhp, think they upped it from 150 on the facelift though could be wrong. 180bhp is only on the quattro.

Yeah will ring up tomorrow - should make it come in a bit cheaper.

Surely if I've given the reg it should bring it up.

Just looked at the advert and boy you paid top money, there's a 1.8TQ on here for less but then if you wanted a trip fair enough.

Could of had my manual quattro 180 with 59K on it for less than what that is advertised for. I guess you specifically wanted an auto though

It is true some Face Lift B5 1.8Ts were 163bhp

My old (W) reg was 163 as it stated on the details and when i had it mapped it was 163 as well i seem to remember as i was astonished that it was still bang on the nose of what it left the factory as...

marky, my "x" reg,s details state 150, could yours be a special, as i read somewhere that 163s arrived on B6s !

B5s were 150 fwd and 180 Q?

wonder why audi would vary the power?

perhaps supplier issues were the reason, seems unusual to up the power without offering the variant as a special!

anyone know of any component changes?

or is it just a remap?:blackrs4: