Ah the magic 60K

Bong Water

In two minds
Reaction score
In the past I have owned a fair few cars and have always thought that 60K seemed to be some kind of milestone of expense! Major service, cambelts, water pumps, bushes usually start going and then the random stuff.........

Using a lot more fuel than its supposed to
Inner tyre wear meaning tracking needs doing as well as needing new tyres
And today my airbag light comes on!! :mad:

Glad its booked in tomorrow, hopefully the air bag light will be an easy fix?

if you have seat airbags its probably the wiring connectors for those, if you dont the contact ring in the steering wheel can fail.

Ours has done 165k and we've spent about £500ish on it since we've had it (~6 months) repairing the rear brakes, suspension arms, auxbelt and tensioner, new tyres and new headlights. Its needing a new cat for its MOT in october and the front brakes need replacing soon.

So its not just 60k cars that need lots of money spent on them! I just comfort myself by thinking of how much it'd have cost me had i had a garage do the work!

I've just clicked past 128k! So she's passed the magic 60k and still going stronge. God bless Mr Audi!

Wiring connectors in the seats eh?! Sweet, ill have a look, it does have seat airbags, thanks for that.

Sorry I just meant 60K just seems like its some kind mileston for spending money on the car, usually seems to be the way with the cars I have owned

Found the connectors, there are two, one red one yellow, yellow has three cables red has 2. on my drivers seat the yellow plug was hanging around where as on the passenger the yellow is piggy backed onto the fixed red. I slotted the yellow back onto the red on the drivers side but the warning light is still there :(

After 60K I've had a new temperature sensor (replaced twice in 5 years). New water pipe, radiator, gasket, cambelt and waterpump all done at the same time. The fuel breather valve got partially disconnected for some strange reason. Apart from that everything in good order.

The dealers willl always say it's best to buy additional warranty but the cost to repair my car a year still outweights their warranty cost by a lot. I think it's safe to assume that whatever gets replaced should last another few years.

Once the airbag light is triggered it can only be reset using VAGCOM. repairing the fault won't turn it off.

Its getting plugged in today so hopefully they will reset it and it wont come back on. Thank you for the info

hmm you probably find it will come back on again pretty quickly as the connections are quite bad for it

a solution is to cut the plugs off and solder the wires directly together to remove the connections from the equation.

Its staying off at the mo its just been reset hopefully wont come back on, was told I would need a new airbag if it does but im pretty sure its the connections under the seat!

Just been told I need a new MAF and temp sender even though I replaced the temp sender a couple of month ago :uhm:

This car is costing me a fortune!!!!!!!!! :nunu: