Rear speaker upgrade

Turbo Lag FTW

Hate those none insured you know who types
Reaction score
Carlisle, Cumbria. Not Geordie nor Scotch!
I just upgraded the rear speakers as the old nokia ones were basically redundant as the solder was broken on the wires. Anyway upon removing the seats I found alot of tiny bits of foam on the passenger side of the rear seat. Its like something was living there and picking off the foam as the bits are very small, its not really that bad but I cant understand why it has done it, anyone had something similar upon removal of rear seat?

Also can anyone give me any tips on how to get rid of some yellow staining on my grey leather. I used Meguairs Leather Shampoo/Conditioner, it helped remove some of the staining but not all. Infact im not even sure on why its done it, could be age or maybe damage from the sun shining through windows, but strangely some of it is behind the kids safety seats. So Im ruling out the sun theory, I clean and feed the leather every 3 months and I was using AG Leather Conditioner beforehand but Meguairs seems alot better from the results today.-+

The new speakers are Alpine SXE-1725S and I gotta say they sound spot on and now Im waiting on this box http://www.bassjunkies.com/?pid=292...+Subwoofer+&+Amplifier/Audiobahn&source=brand
I cant wait to get some boom boom :)

turbo lag did you use speaker adapters for the rear shelf? i'm in the market for a new set of speakers.

Yeah you gotta use the adaptors, audi have strangely made the hole much bigger than they really needed to be. I got mine from Ebay as it was just as cheap as anywhere else. Also when u go to do it try getting a friend to go in the boot while u try to remove the parcel shelf, as the 3 clips need to be undone from inside the boot.

Sonic I have no pets, My daughter is 7 and the boy is still wearing his nappies. The staining appears to go up the back of the seat to near the headrests, so even then that rules out the kids havin a pee lmao. Im just wondering if something has reacted with the leather or something as I doubt it has anything to do with urine lol. Im gettin camera soon so will post pictures of the leather and the car as I havent done it yet.

i found having nearlly 3000 watts of boom boom in the boot, removing the rear speakers was a good idea. 1) the speakers and subs were fighting for the air i.e sub pressure was pushing the speakers up. resulting in a nasty noise. 2) removing the speakers allowed that lovley air pressure into the cabbin as the holes act as 2 big **** ports! deffo can hear and feel the difference. i just have some amped tweeters mounted in the rear quaters near the rear lights. some beefy mids and tweeters amped in the front. sounds the boobies if i dont say so my self, but i would get slated if it sounded shat as im a qualified sound engineer!!

Sounded better in my mk2 golf tho! oh i miss the little go cart!!