Light bulb warning ????

godwine

Reaction score
As subjected, my 2000 1.8TQ seems to think that I am having problems with my bulb.. all head lights lit up, Fog, low, high.. everything.. what could it be? I didn't check the tail light, will that give a warning? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Yep, check the tail lights because they will cause the warning light to come on if one has failed!

there is a different warning for tail lights and head lights. The warning for taillights will say "Brake Light" and the headlights will have like a ( ) with a bulb looking thing inside.

On my European '97 A4 2.8 quattro the taillight warning is the picture of a bulb in a circle with a cross through it (in amber). I would assume that the 'brake light' warning is for the brake lights?!

Hmm.. little loss here.. I have a bulb with a X mark in the center.. I know its not the brake.. i just put in new rotors and pads myself... i will check my tail light and see if thats the culprit... One thing for sure though, all 3 pairs of "front" lights lit up ok...

Got some new findings.. i went out and bought some 7500K H7, put those on and that stupid warning mysterically disappeared.. now, when I examine those stock 3900K bulbs, one is Philip, the other is GE... but that shouldn't matter should it?