Just Ordered the 18" RS6 Wheels

SmoothAssault

Will design for mods
Reaction score
Website
www.matteasom.com
...Excited :jump:

They'll be at my doorstep by Wednesday at the latest, but hopefully I'll have them by tomorrow.

:)

I'll post pics the second I tighten the last bolt :icon_thumright:

My wheels took 5 days to arrive. But then, they had to come from Germany, go to Ireland, get the tyres fitted, balanced before they got to my manor.

i got mine same day..............but then i did just goto wheelmania and they had them in stock lol, but it was only 25 miles away from me.

but the said id have to wait 7-10 for them to be deilvered i wasnt go to ****** wait that long

Wheels arrived at about 5pm today, and I think they look great! =] Unfortunately by the time I'd got them all on it was too dark to get any decent pictures so I'll do that tomorrow.

I took her out for a spin and the ride is definitely harder, but not too hard. The steering feels different but not in a bad way, I can't really describe how it's different but It just doesn't feel that same. Is that normal? Obviously the tyres are wider than the stock ones, so could this be the difference I'm feeling?

The front wheels seem close (you can just about fit a finger in) to some of the suspension components, is this also normal? Full lock there's plenty of room in my un-lowered arches. But as they're only 18's I don't look too much like I'm riding around in a tractor. =]

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions; this was a big spend for my little budget so I just want to try and make sure everything is ok.

Thanks guys! :icon_thumright:

SA, glad your wheels turned up! Yes, all the above is pretty normal.

I just drove from Cambridgeshire up to Sunderland yesterday on the new wheels. I had stupidly assumed the tyres would have come inflated to a reasonable pressure. After about 150miles of being blown sideways by the wind in the rain I stopped at some services to check the pressure and they ranged from 37psi up to 46. Eek! Deflating them down to 30psi made the ride much nicer and a lot safer =]

Never again will I assume tyres will be at the right pressure when I order new wheels. But surely the place I got 'em from should'a known better than to inflate them up to 46psi!?

I do feel a bit stupid for not checking though... duh. =[

Oh and after the long rainy drive, my cars the dirtiest it's ever been. So no pics of the new wheels till I get her all nice and clean =]

make sure you check your tyre pressures when they are stone cold, as they will go up quite a few psi when used!

Gave her a clean this afternoon...

NewWheels-PlateEdit.jpg

Can't wait to get her lowered, but new discs and pads take priority so it will be a little while yet.

Looks a v clean example. Will look great when you drop her – how far down you going???