anyone good with electrics???

Looks pretty straightforward to me, only a max of 10 wires to connect.

They all seem to be fully labelled with the location they should be connected to, what exactly are you having trouble with?

im having trouble with the fact im a bit of a tw@ lol

any ideas where the central locking control thingy is?

from what i gather it pigybacks onto that, am i warm?

I dont have access to Elsawin at the moment as my PC runs Vista but I'm sure someone can check. Im not 100% sure for a B5 but could be under the dash or inside the drivers door.

hmmmm, have to wait for someone with it then

maybe theres a torrent kicking around somewhere...

There probably is, Though I bought mine from Ebay for a tenner. Just waiting to make my works laptop dual-boot then I can install it

Got something similar from Ebay. The central locking unit on mine is in the drivers side of the boot, at the back near the taillight, You lift up carpet, and its attached with a strap. Check and double check you have the right wires before cutting, attach as instructions says and you should be good. Mine took about 40mins to do.
Best of luck.

think i'd be better off taking it to an autoelectrician chaps?

DieselVin said:
think i'd be better off taking it to an autoelectrician chaps?

I guess that depends on your level of confidence with wiring! As Cviji says above it only took 40 minutes to do. I'd have a bash for sure - gives you a great sense of achievment when you get it working, and you save money too:icon_thumright:

Issac Hunt said:
I guess that depends on your level of confidence with wiring! As Cviji says above it only took 40 minutes to do. I'd have a bash for sure - gives you a great sense of achievment when you get it working, and you save money too:icon_thumright:

good reasoning, my old mans a sparky so as soon as i find out where the pump is ill get him to attack it with me

not that i can see, i pulled the carpet up and there was a foam covered thingy with wires going to it but no writing on it

ive uncovered a load of dodgy wiring going to the rear lights though, must have had a sort and burnt out by the looks of it, looms melted in places and theres screw connectors on loads of it

Did you get this from right click.co.uk? I've just fitted mine to a 96 avant.

Let me know and I'll let you know how I did it.

auroan said:
Did you get this from right click.co.uk? I've just fitted mine to a 96 avant.

Let me know and I'll let you know how I did it.

no i was going to get one off ebay,

where did yours come from? i went to rightclick.co.uk and got internet support

interested to know how you got on