Changing sidelights HELP!

EssVier

There ain't no party like an S-Club Party.
Reaction score
Derbyshire, land of the free home of the brave.
I am completely stuck as to how to get to the little devils, I have one side out and want to replace both with some fancy blue Philips jobbies.

I can see how to get to the Xenon's, but there is a yellow electric shock warning sign that is putting me off some serious tinkering. :think:

Do I need to remove the whole headlight unit? If so which bolts do I take off.

Pics would be nice, I am lost and have searched the forum and web to no avail.

Thanks,

Matt

(Copy post on RS246)

No you dont have to remove headlamp or remove xenon its just 2 thin cables going to o small round plastic holder these just pull out sometimes with a little force dont pull too hard on the cables if its tight pull the base with a little wiggle to free it , How about using White LEDs to match the xenons just go for ultra leds these below are awesome

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/501194t10-mini-light-tower-leds-xenon-white-p-1545.html

Cheers matey, managed to get the bulb holders out, but now I cant get the bulbs out the bulb holders!! Im ready to take the hammer to it, I loose my rag way too easily when it comes to cars,hence why im an office boy!

Just pull them and they will come out maybe they have got stuck in the sockets try a small electrical flat head to pry the terminals apart to free it.

shineydave said:
they're a quarter turn bayonet fixing, you might need a small piece of rubber or nylon pipe to slip over the bulb to get enough grip to push and turn it

Oh mine are 501s push in wedge style terminal ie just pull out must be different on change over years