Door open or closed?

macattax

Reaction score
Sorry to ask this again but I never got this sorted yet.
Can anyone tell me which relay is set for the door sensors to show the doors open on the dash.
At present only the boot shows as open.

Everything else is fine the lights come on when door is open and you hear a chime when you leave the lights on and open a door.
So it would seem the sensors are ok, so what could it be?
I know of two other people on the forum who have the same problem but after quite a few months none of us have come up with a solution.
Could it be a relay? Any suggestions?

Let us try to put this matter to rest as its a bit crap if you have kids and you have no way of telling if the doors are properly closed.

Have the same prob on my S4 Avant

do you have the footwell lights? (not the lights in the doors, the ones that illuminate your feet in the car)

if you remove the knee bolster under the steering wheel you'll see the bank of relays, what's not obvious is a second bank of relays behind there, you need to get down on the floor and look up. i believe it's one of them that's causing the problem, not sure which one though

Yeah I have the footwheel lights.
It would be nice to know which relay it was though.
Did you have this problem and sorted it Dave?
It would be nice to know if anyone had success in getting this fixed.

it was GSB1 that had a problem, his footwell and warning lights in the doors wouldn't come on. we went through the drawings and found he'd got a relay missing from the second relay bank, can't remember if he was getting a door warning in the display in the dash though.

hopefully he'll be along soon to tell us what exactly was happening.

How do you test a if a relay is broken?
My footwell lights,interior lights, red lights on door to see the puddles and door open buzzer noise all work fine. Its just the display in dash does not show any door open.
I really want this sorted as its so annoying not having it working.
So if anyone has more suggestions please give them.

Ok so GSB1 has pre facelift without door open on DIS.
So now my main question is how do you check to see if a relay is faulty?
Can it be done using a multimeter if so explain what you have to do please.

I just got out some of the receipts and invoices included in the sale by the previous owner of my car.
In 2005 the central locking pump was changed for a new one.
Would the guys fitting this have forgot to fit some wires to the door contacts by anychance?
Maybe this is related to the problem of the open door warning not showing up on the D.I.S ?
Anyone familiar with the central locking pump who can shed some light on this?

Hmm cheers dave. Back to the drawing board then meh.
Ok so back to my original question then does anone know the relay number that is connecting the door contacts to dis?
If its not a relay what else could it be?
Please help close this topic once and for all as there are many ppl A4 & S4 alike with this problem. So get the schematics out if you have them lads.

Does anyone think this could be a specific 99.5 issue? Maybe they don't have the correct wiring etc, all of the people reporting this seems to have a 99.5 (facelift with analogue clocks etc) ?

BUMP!

mines a 99.5, with the computer in the dash, and its only showing the boot open, nothing else.

i have the haynes manual, i assume this would say which relay is which? ill have a butchers later