Update to car - Pics.

Reaction score
Made a couple of small changes.

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

I have fitted that OMP steering wheel as I had it in the house and fancied seeing what it is like on the car. Is quite nice having a smaller steering wheel, will see if I still like it after a month. If I do I will get a Momo team 300 wheel and if not I will put the standard sport wheel back on. Some will also notice the boost gauge that I fitted the other week.

There is another change in there too, anyone see it?

I also got my dark wheels redone as they were all chipped, the guy did an awesome job.

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

Just need to wait for a couple of new tyres to come from MyTyre now.

While I was waiting I took a couple of pics of the car.

DSC00382-1.jpg

DSC00385-1.jpg

DSC00384-1.jpg

I have 15mm spacers on the front now with longer bolts but have some bolt to hub ones on their way which I bought off a forum member.

I also have a couple of new front door trims coming as they are a little ripply.

Cheers.

Yeah same here. Will change it to a momo team if I still want a smaller one, the omp one is just a tester since I had it off my old pug.

Ditto on the wheels but a no to the steering wheel as i would rather have an airbag in front of me !!!

Looks nice mate the wheels are very tidy, not sure about the steering wheel its not too bad im unsure.

nice colour wheels seeing more and more peeps doin this, out of interest how much did he charge to do the allys?:hubbahubba:

I'm sure I read that if you remove the airbag then you may well run into problems with insurance as you are effectively removing a standard safety item. Might be worth considering. You don't want to find out after an accident that you have invalidated your insurance.

I like the wheels but I'd put the steering wheel back and not just because of the air bag issue.

docurley said:
I want the B7 RS4 unit but it's tooooo much money.

I've been looking at that too, but same problem as you doc.

Loving the wheels paul!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you get the dials??
I'm looking for some carbon dials to match my gauges

Soupie69uk said:
Am amazed that noone else has noticed another change I made to the interior.

Shortshift / Ally gearknob ?

The steering wheel is nice, but not in a modern airbagged motor. Save it for when you get a Ur quattro :)

Nope will give you all a clue, its on the door.

The shifter has been on a while now, is the B&M one. Same with the Funk button next to the fog light switches.

Soupie69uk said:
Nope will give you all a clue, its on the door.

The shifter has been on a while now, is the B&M one. Same with the Funk button next to the fog light switches.

black door handle?

did the air bag light come on when you removed it from the car? as i want to get rid of mine but i dont want the light on the dash to come on

did you fit a resistor if so what size was it

cheers

craig

ps cars looking as sweet as always

I was just going to say the handles, I changed mine some time ago as I was not in to the chrome thing.

Just put a resitor 4ohm resitor in the plug that should turn it off just like my seats.

My light did not come on at first but came on later on, it has a 2ohm resistor. I thought maybe the connection was not too great which resulted in the light but maybe I need a 4ohm one?