Carbonio Cold Air Intake for 1.8T engines

Turbo Lag FTW

Hate those none insured you know who types
Reaction score
Carlisle, Cumbria. Not Geordie nor Scotch!
Anyone got a Carbonio Cold Air Intake for there A4? I was wondering if they make any significant difference to engine performance and sound. As £200 quid is quite steep for very little gains.

take a look at one of my old threads-home made induction kit

*bump*

Anyone got one or can answer the questions?

Thinking about getting one when I get my full miltek if it adds a nicer sound :] As long as it dosnt screw up any air sensors or anything??

Hi Mate
We are the importers on Carbonio , to be honest I love the sound from them
Extra cooler air will give a bit of BHP gains
But the main benifits will be the throttle response
They look smart and sound great
We sell loads of these and it seems to be the MK4 Golf`s that we sell to , but on yours it will be the same gains and sounds
Sarah

Thanks for you reply, am I right in thinking these are a direct replacement, should just fit right in the place of the old one without any trouble?

what about the air mass meter, does the air filter take its place or does it still use the sensor, thanks

I fitted mine 2 weeks ago.
Ok the engine sounds more aggressive outside of the car when accelerating.
Inside the car while accelerating you hear the cold air being sucked in (sounds like darth vader with a cold) when you change gear or take your foot of accelerator you get a very audible swoosh sound of the DV.
Accelaration is a lot more responsive.
Fitting this is not just a direct replacement because you have to take out the whole air filter housing .
It says that it fitting times are 1-1.5 hours but it took me almost 5hrs because there isnt much hand room to move, so turning a simple screw can take a lot longer than normal because I needed to use a ratchet as i dindt have a tiny screw driver.
I have the instructions in a pdf format so if anyone needs it pm me and ill email it to you.

Oh and the air mass meter is still used.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/audi%20a497/engine.html
Hi
If you look on the link I have sent you , there is a sound clip and some pics on there
As has been said , you keep the Air Mass Meter
This will measure that there is more air coming in and adjust fuelling to suit
Throttle response is usually the best gains that you get , but check that link out as that will give you LOADS more info on this
Lovely looking CAI on your car
Sarah