help wanted from anyone mechanically minded

turboaudi

Reaction score
ive just serviced my 96 18 turbo a4 cos she was running lumpy and seemed to stutter a bit when putting your foot down, i thought the service would have cured it , it has a little but it still seems to be a bit stuttery still and a bit ropy when you let it drop back down to idle , just wondering if there is any known cures or easy fixes from anyone who has had similar problems, any help and advice is greatly recieved:sos:

Might be the MAF. There is a post on here to clean up the points for it that seems to solve some flat spot problems. Where are you based you could try and get one of the boys on here to scan your car with VAG-COM.

try removing the coil packs one at a time to see if it makes any difference. When you find the one that makes no difference swap it with one of the others to see if the problem moves. The coilpacks are a common failiure

ive tried the coil packs, didnt make no difference, i might try and clean the the connectors for the maf to see if that makes any difference , thanks for your reply lads:salute:

Have you tried the ignitor box(poss wrong word) This is what supplies the signal to the coils
It is located on the Airbox from memory and has 2 black plugs on it
Held on with 2 8mm bolts
They are common to go
You can diagnois it by using a LED test light

o2 sensors is another one, or any sensor , a check over with vagcom will help a lot