Service indicator - how to reset it??

Donald_MacIver

Reaction score
I know this is a popular subject, but i have tried searching for previous posts on this subject, but it seems it is not the same process for all audis. Anyone know of the process required to reset the service indicator on my B5 A4. I just had it serviced but it is still flashing up Insp1.

If carrying out your own service then to remove the anoying service light on start up then try this.

Press and hold the right button. (odometer reset)

now switch on the ignition
(oil lamp will not flash, but on at all times)

press the right button again
(insp is now displayed)

pull left button. (clock set)
(------ are now displayed)

Pull left button again

This works on my A4 tdi (110bhp) but should work on all.

this also works on my 98 A4 1.8T

its funny coz ive been meaning to do it for the last 3 years and done it this morning. nice i like.

I have access to full Vag-Com if you need anything done but being from Lewis your a very loing way from Greenock

Will this work on a 2001 diesel A6? I haven't seen any posts about it in the A6 section. Thanks.

Pat.

i did the one on my Dads 99 T A4 the other day but i had to press in both buttons on the dashboard and whilst holding them in put in the key and start the car none of the other ways seemed to work not even the way it said to do it in the manual.

snoop said:
i dunno, but you could give it a try. nothing to lose

Cheers. I can't mess up anything by trying then can I?

Just did this on my 1998 S4, worked a treat.

The manual reset procedure only works on cars approx. 1997 on. Earlier cars need VAG-com or similar.

Thanks, worked perfectly on my 1998 A4B5 1.9 TDI.

Is it a set mileage for when the oil/ inspection flashes up or is it more complex than that?

Thanks

Andy