Anti roll bars

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded these? I have just been reading about them.

I believe only the rear needs doing on the sport model as most aftermarket ones are very similar to the standard Audi one.

If anyone has fitted one, what did they think of it and what one did they get?

Is the S4 one any thicker than the A4 one?

I am not sure... I will have a set of my S4 ones for sale shortly.

There was a post just recently on here about them. They are apparently a huge help... certainly on S4's - it transforms the handling of the car. may be differeing on a non-S model though - not sure?

Let me know if you are itnerested in my old ARBs.

Cheers,

Pardon my ignorance but there seems to be a lot of abreviations flying around. Arb's? guessing its a brand name for anti-roll bars but ive not heard of them

Randomjim said:
Pardon my ignorance but there seems to be a lot of abreviations flying around. Arb's? guessing its a brand name for anti-roll bars but ive not heard of them
Mate its not a brand, just an abreiviation of Anti Roll Bar ARB.

HTH

Soupie69uk said:
Has anyone upgraded these? I have just been reading about them.

I believe only the rear needs doing on the sport model as most aftermarket ones are very similar to the standard Audi one.

If anyone has fitted one, what did they think of it and what one did they get?

Is the S4 one any thicker than the A4 one?

H & R ARB's, the way to go, front and rear far superior to a4/s4 standard bars. about £325 to buy and totaly transforms your cornering

Soupie, do yourself a favour and look for an aftermarket kit...
The S4 wallows like an old cargo ship in bad seas...you don't want those ARBs..look for a kit that has a considerably bigger front and a proportionally even larger rear bar.

Don't forget to make sure your dampers are up to the stiffer ARBs too..

Cheers for the advice guys, i read you debate Ess on ARB was interesting and has made me want to upgrade mine.

On some of the US forums they all have rave reviews for the Neuspeed rear ARB. Its 19mm up from 16mm. Has soft, medium and hard settings to.

Most have not changed the front as some companies dont recommend it or just supply a ARB the same size as they standard sport item.

Any thoughts on this guys?

haha, just come to my quattro sport from a passat VR6 - I was thinking the handling was fantastic with very little roll! Hey ho, give me 6 months and I'm sure it'll feel like a barge.

DPM said:
H&R ARBs also offer soft, medium and hard settings.

Ok cool, could you please check what size the H & R ARB's are for the A4 as i notice you sell them on your site.

I think they could be 31mm and 21mm. Not 100% though.

As i am unsure whether to get these or just keep the 27mm at the front and get a 19mm one at the rear.

DPM said:
You can get 32 and 17 or 32 and 21!

Oh right cool. Does the H & R rear bar have subframe supports? Just was reading that some bars come with them. Or some new metal brackets to replace the plastic ones. I will fine pics if need be.

Cheers.