How do I remove this?

JonnyDerv

Reaction score
ImageHow do you remove this? I've heard you can't cut the wire as it can cause the battery to drain and it's connected to the stereo. It's annoying I know that much, back in the days of mobile bricks

Why would it drain battery if you isolate cables separately. Disconnect battery while cutting it.

Tried following the wiring through, seems to go under the passenger footwell and not into the dash :s.

I don't know why it would, it's just what I had read

Sorted it in the end.

Not worth taking the whole glove box off so I just smashed open the cradle, took the wires and small circuit board out, wrapped them in insulation tape and shoved them above the passenger footwell, easiest way.

If its anything like the one i just took out my car the control module sits at the front of the centre consol (behind the radio at the bottom just above front heating vents)

Will also have to pull the radio as it is also wired in there

Pull the end cover off the passenger side dashboard and you should see 2 black wires there

I cut these and gave them a good pull and most of it came out (Apart from the one going to the mic next to the interior lights but cant be bothered stripping that off - too much hassle lol)

Thanks for the reply, easiest option was just smashing it open and tapeing up the wires, shove them above the footwell through the gap in the top of the centre console. No battery draining issues anyway so jobs a goodun lol.