Golf AGU ECU's in our A4's

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Mate has one ending CJ I can nab. Is it really as simple as fitting (loom as well if my ECU plugs aren't the 2 piece items) and adding a 12v feed to pin 9 (iirc) to leave us with a flashable via the OBD port ECU

Speaking to my mapper about getting the turbo on, specing some injectors and then spending a day with a wideband probe up the tail pipe. :)

Last edited:
Yeah 018 CJ and 018 R are compatible dont no or heard of adding a 12v feed to pin 9, it will need de immo or skc pulling from your clocks and coding, also if your on immo1 old clocks you might have issues unless marks issue was with immo3 iirc (digital clock) mines analog clock so presumably immo 2.

Injectors options are probably saab reds, C20Lets with VR6 MAF housing and a 3 bar FPR.

You could go Z20LETs but wouldnt no if FPR needs changing to a 3 bar one.

Z20LETs are close enough to C20LET's to be pretty interchangable.

3bar reg isnt required, but means you can drive it without the map, as with the 3" MAF the fuelling ends up near enough, which can be useful as it means you can get it all setup and running before booking the tuner.

Immo shouldnt be an issue so long as its not an immo3 ECU.

The one bit that might be tricky, is i have a feeling the car-to-loom plugs changed when they went from 5 pin to 2 pin ECU's. You might have to cut the car plugs off the old 5 plug harness and solder them onto the new harness in the right places.

I would suggest doing the engine loom and ECU swap first, with otherwise standard everything else, and make sure it drives properly. If it does then swap in the 3" MAF and injectors etc.

Just took the ecu out and found I do have the 2 plug ECU and not the earlier 5 plug. Bit of a result as I thought being on a '96 it would be the earlier. Looks like it will be the Z20 LET injectors out the shed, 3" MAF (still to source), 3" TIP (still to source), 3 bar FPR out of the spares bin.

Hoping nothing else screws me up as I have a defined plan list now for inside and out and want most of it sorted before AITP, which, for the first year doesn't clash with my Ford show at Silverstone :):racer:

Mine's a P also, seems to have a lot of bits off the mildly facelifted car as it also has the lower door moldings and the tail lights with smoked indicators

So what are the issues with doing the swap to immo3 car. Mines digital clock. Is it possible at all?

Immo3 requires SKC for both the ECU and cluster, so its a bit more involved. Still doable though.

AFAIK theres an issue trying to use an immo3 ECU on an immo2 cluster.

So it is a dealer job to get skc from ecu?

No, you can use Vagtacho to get the skc from the cluster.

Getting it from an old ECU is a bit more difficult though. On ME7's you can use a couple of tools to get it, on M3.8 you might have to pull the eeprom with a reader.

Ok. Thanks. Wouldn't know where to start :)

post it to me, its easy to pull skc regardless of ecu, i passed you yesterday as it goes, teach me not to read the forum when im on the road!