300 BHP A4 Turbo kit ***** SALE ******

Andy is this kit compatible with the earlier A4's i.e pre 97? I bought a K04 for my car only to find out later that my ECU wasnt intelligent enough to be able to get the car to run right. Was wondering if this kit would be the same?

it was going on my 96 A4... so yes...

you would ALWAYS need a remap with this kind of change... 150-300 is quite a change.

Andy

[ QUOTE ]
it was going on my 96 A4... so yes...

you would ALWAYS need a remap with this kind of change... 150-300 is quite a change.

Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that this change will require a remap, however I have been told on good authority that the earlier A4 ECU's are not very tuneable. Like I said I had a K04 to go on my 96 A4 but after another AS.net member had the same upgrade he had nothing but problems and the end result was very disappointing.

I am keen to gain further power from my car as currently only have a Superchip, exhaust and N75J. Would certainly be interested in this kit but only if the gains can be guaranteed and that the car is still useable as a daily driver.

early ECU's are definitely not a problem...Only thing they cant do is be programmed via OBDII port. Software wise, there are no limitations.

Rich

Cheers for that Rich. I did wonder as I know your car is an early model (97?). Why did the K04 cause such a problem then?

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers for that Rich. I did wonder as I know your car is an early model (97?). Why did the K04 cause such a problem then?

[/ QUOTE ]

My A3 is a '98, but probably same version as A4. It wasnt the K04, or the ECU...just the particular car i believe.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
My A3 is a '98, but probably same version as A4. It wasnt the K04, or the ECU...just the particular car i believe.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not what I was told by MRC, they said it was due to the age of the ECU. My ECU has the 3 separate connection plugs out of the back. Is that the same on yours?

Oh..thats odd. What engine code is your? My AGU 1.8T, and Jasons ex AEB 1.8T both have twin plug ecu's i.e 2 looms going to the ECU.

Rich

Jason's 'ex' AEB 1.8T??? Has he sold it?

Sorry to go off topic..

we have done one of these on an older A4 before, as in the type you mention..

so its not a problem

we get the maps from DNA tuning

Give me the Bosch number of the ECU and I'll let you know if it's possible. Off the top of my head I seem to remember it's Bosch ME3xx. We've done a few big turbo kit remaps for GDI now and age has never been an issue! (Apart from Andy's that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

[ QUOTE ]
Jason's 'ex' AEB 1.8T??? Has he sold it?

Sorry to go off topic..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - sold /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif New project underway!

[ QUOTE ]
Give me the Bosch number of the ECU and I'll let you know if it's possible. Off the top of my head I seem to remember it's Bosch ME3xx. We've done a few big turbo kit remaps for GDI now and age has never been an issue! (Apart from Andy's that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries I have a spare ECU in the garage so i'll get the Bosch number off of that when I get home from work.

Andy - Apart from the kit that you have on Ebay what other parts would be required to get the conversion up and running?

just an air intake pipe of some type...

easy and inexpensive...

and

a pipe from the intercooler to the boost outlet of the turbo.... also inexpensive..

you can at a later date benefit from a front mount intercooler..

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My ECU part number is 8D0 907 557

Andy, that's similar to the K04 one we did the other week, Old School Square chip, Bosch number for that should be 0261203551

[ QUOTE ]
Andy, that's similar to the K04 one we did the other week, Old School Square chip, Bosch number for that should be 0261203551

[/ QUOTE ]

I can check the chip number if that makes life easier. How did you get on with the K04?

i so want this kit im digging up the garden to find some money i better be quick only 3hours left

Here are a couple of pics of my ECU. None of the chips seem to match the numbers those mentioned above.
PICT0113.JPG

PICT0112.JPG

1hr 10 mins

whoever buys this, I will do a really good deal on fitting or show you how...

will also do a deal on the ecu mapping for it...

Andy

nothng like a bargain eh!

can you pm me what kind of deal you would sort out for eveything i need i will do the fitting

cheers

craig

what is wise to upgrade at the same time as this ?

- brakes?
- cooling?
- springs and shockers?

does this suit quattros better ? i.e. more able to put the power down ?

cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif