Making your own EGR blanks?

scr8pdo

Reaction score
Is it possible to do the above, I have sheet ally thats about 5mm thick and flat and true, will this work, its not that Iam being tight, I want to do this job maybe today, I thought I could use a jigsaw/hacksaw and drill, also waiting for the Ebay ones etc, just wondered if the ally will be up for the job, its very sturdy gear (its my old road sign lol :) When I say "today" I mean theoretically as Iam awaiting to purchase the PD130 manifold.

You could used a coke can ?????? lol

have used one to rule out a faulty egr before now !!

Reactions: PAULF
Surprise ****** Surprises!!

As I was checking my oil today, I was taking a general look over the engine as Iam going to Gunk it (clean it) anyway I was also looking carefully at what I had to do to do the EGR blank, then when I looked closely at the top joint of the EGR hose its already been blanked with some say about1.5mm sheet steel (very neat I must add) but everything has been left in situ ie EGR valve the suction hose etc so is it ok to leave it as such or do I need to complete remove the lot hose, EGR etc or will it make no difference, I couldn't believe my ****** luck, I also looked at the air filter and it looks CHOKKA! blocked so a good service should help in a big way hopefully :)

Just a quick question which iam sure it wont matter, would it be ok to leave all the EGR gubbins in situ know I know that its been blocked?

Cheers Ste:)

Coke can would not last long enough, the alloy is too thin and it will burn trough + you don't want melted blobs of metal injected in the engine ! As above, you can leave the EGR pipes on the car for stealth look but best is to remove altogether and simplify the vacuum layout ! Get that EGR delete pipe and pd 130 pipes in there...