DE-CAT 1.8T AEB

Royh1179

Reaction score
hi guys any of you running a a4 1.8T AEB with de-cat ??

just seeking info if they run ok or if itll mess up and bring eng managment light on??

its standard Ko3 at mo as aint quite got the £££ for the turbo i want

im planning on de-cat and straight thru exh to backbox ( no centre box )

Will run fine and give you better throttle response wont bring a light on as theres only one sensor before the cat.

Had one on mine for about a year now no problems.

Hi looking to get one of these for mine, Where did you guys get yours?
Thanks,

it might sound crap with the middle box removed
mine did anyway sounded like a calibra

cat off, remove honeycomb, bolt back in... decat and exhaust resonator in one :rock: (plus mid box delete).

What happens at mot time surly it wont pass once you pulled that out or can you get it back in again? ...
thanks either way :D! ... Should have my wheels back thursday Arrkon ;)

last time, i just got a nudge saying "think your cat is failing, emissions are a bit up..." :eyebrows:

Oh I'd say so, Turbo spool and throttle response have definately increased... And it sounds more sporty too

im doing a decat and making my own system from 304 s/s with a sinle rear box, its a 4" round 14" silencer from mij exhausts. im hoping i get the note i want but if not i can always stick one in the middle and again if that sounds pants ill either shorten it and weld back up. or open up and add some e-glass wadding

so with a decat do you find it pops and burbs more? im looking for backfire/pop on downshift and between gear changes. i get it now and again (cat still on) but for some strange reason i et it so randomly, but i do get a nice deep woosh if i stamp hard between gear change
but i cant coax the car in to running rich ie foot down lift of lightly then off and down shift.
in all the time ive owned the car i cant pin point down the exact way to make it pop.
not that i try all day lon just its mad how sometimes itll do it and sometimes it dont.
one thin i haven't looked in to is when it pops more or less usin different fuels and octane.
i think my shell v-power makes it pop more then say standard unleaded sainsburys fuel.

but i dont notice the difference in mp or performance!
any way ill et a vids and pics once its all built, im goin to do a little write up too, as in total 2.5" pipe and bends with a single box has cost me £168 posted, but that included s/s wire and tips as i dont have wire and ot no tips left, and the fact the wire is 0.8mm and ive ot 0.6mm for norm mild wire.

i ot my decat from ebay. cost £90 irrc and its really ood, has two lamda holes inc buns for both, i plan to run stock lamda and wideband for logging.
ebay link
NEW AUDI A4 A6 VW PASSAT 1.8T 20v STAINLESS STEEL DECAT EXHAUST DOWNPIPE DE-CAT | eBay

pic of mine
P1070348.jpg

hi guys sorry about slow reply havent been on in a while . well i did the de-cat and the centre delete, got a very small high flow box just at the rear with a 5x2 1/2" oval tail pipe.. and yes its derfernalty abit loud !!!!!!!! pops bangs even had people saying flames ?????
to be honnest its to loud for me (( i know i know some of u now thinking PUSSY lol )) im changing rear box and tail pipe style to x2 2.5" rounds, but i have added a ko4 with fmic and few other goodies so ill let you know how it gets on ,, i havent had any negative issues other than how loud it is, on fuel iv noticed no differance but i am heavy footed lol , as for mot well its due in cpl mnths so ill let you know whats said lol ,,

Not pussy at all mate, a nice burble is one thing but you don't want to sound like your average idiot who's nailed a cannon on the exhaust of their mothers 1400cc Civic

im doing a decat and making my own system from 304 s/s with a sinle rear box, its a 4" round 14" silencer from mij exhausts. im hoping i get the note i want but if not i can always stick one in the middle and again if that sounds pants ill either shorten it and weld back up. or open up and add some e-glass wadding

so with a decat do you find it pops and burbs more? im looking for backfire/pop on downshift and between gear changes. i get it now and again (cat still on) but for some strange reason i et it so randomly, but i do get a nice deep woosh if i stamp hard between gear change
but i cant coax the car in to running rich ie foot down lift of lightly then off and down shift.
in all the time ive owned the car i cant pin point down the exact way to make it pop.
not that i try all day lon just its mad how sometimes itll do it and sometimes it dont.
one thin i haven't looked in to is when it pops more or less usin different fuels and octane.
i think my shell v-power makes it pop more then say standard unleaded sainsburys fuel.

but i dont notice the difference in mp or performance!
any way ill et a vids and pics once its all built, im goin to do a little write up too, as in total 2.5" pipe and bends with a single box has cost me £168 posted, but that included s/s wire and tips as i dont have wire and ot no tips left, and the fact the wire is 0.8mm and ive ot 0.6mm for norm mild wire.

i ot my decat from ebay. cost £90 irrc and its really ood, has two lamda holes inc buns for both, i plan to run stock lamda and wideband for logging.
ebay link
NEW AUDI A4 A6 VW PASSAT 1.8T 20v STAINLESS STEEL DECAT EXHAUST DOWNPIPE DE-CAT | eBay

pic of mine
P1070348.jpg

I know this is an old post but was this an ok eBay purchase ? Did everything fit ok? Plus I'm guessing the a4 1.8T aeb is the same at the A6 1.8t aeb?

Last edited: