Help needed please.... B5 AVANT SLIGHTLY MODDED

Steve B5 Biker

Reaction score
Hi all Audi fans, i need advice and any pointers as to costs/remedies/causes of the following problem ,
My 2000 x reg A4 2.5 tdi avant, has developed a serious issue best described as clutch judder,shaking the car /engine quite violently,this only seems to happen when moving off from a standing start , it happens only once i have done several miles of normal driving conditions, then after getting into heavy traffic and or lots of clutch work/ parking and slow manouvering it suddenly appears,.
I have read posts on here, re moisture on clutch plates a possible cause ? any other advice- experiences of same or simular problems would be most welcome ...

Cheers in advance for any replys

Steve:unsure::scared2:

Last edited:
Id go with dual mass flywheel but give the mounts a once over i had a similar problem on my old 1.8 ADR and found the alloy part off the o/s mount snapped in half.

sounds like a clutch issue to me, once the friction plate gets warm. might be part contaminated with oil? section of the plate material breaking down?

think the car would have to had very good careful drivers to get it to 153k on one clutch.

I concur, the clutch is the likely culprit as mentioned above. Same thing happened on a Saab 9-5 3.0 Tid I had. Luckily, I noticed it during a test drive and was replaced before I actually purchased the car. That too was dual mass and cost the bloke nearly half the asking price of the car! :)