Can I completely disable my alarm? (Sorted) New Problem now!!

J

jonnycraig

My trusty A4 is suffering from a severe case of alarm probs, going off randomly especially during the night (temperature drop/condensation??) is there anyway that I can completely disable the alarm and keep the car locked at least for remainder of the night, I know its not ideal but its starting to annoy the neighbours!

I had thought of the following solutions: Disconnect the battery for the night or remove a spade connector off the horn siren in the boot so if it goes off only in the indicators will flash (Which funnily enough dont flash just stay on solid, Im thinking damp/condensation again??)

Any help would be much appreciated

Jonny

All 4 indicators now flash when turning left/right, as audiv6quattro's post below says could be hazard switch or indicator stalk, the parking side lights still allow me to select them left and right if that makes any difference... any further info would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Jonny

Last edited by a moderator:
Just unplugging the horn siern should shut it up, but its still likely to drain the battery if its sat there with the lights on?

What you really should be doing is scanning the alarm control unit with vagcom and seeing whats setting it off?

Cheers Aragorn, (Nearly always the first to answer!!) figured out that is was the bonnet switch so thats sorted (for now) A new problem has appeared since last night too, when indicating both indicators flash at the same time, so where is the starting point with that one, vagcom again?

Jonny

Hi mate had the same problem I changed the hazard switch but didn't help so changed the indicator stalk and that sorted it, so one of the two.

Cheers for the info, Ive got a new stalk coming in the next day or 2 now but as I said above in the edit, I can still select which side the parking side light appears if that makes any difference. I also have a major leak/damp/condensation problem in the car. Drivers foot well is really wet, the battery tray is dry do presuming its coming in down the door card, the other leak I feel is from the back window into the boot, gonna have to get those sorted next dry days.

Jonny

i know what id do with it

is your drive flat? I get water in the footwells if I park the car facing uphill

i know what id do with it

half a gallon of petrol and a match??? :p haha

is your drive flat? I get water in the footwells if I park the car facing uphill

The road out the front of the house is pretty flat where I park so cant really test that theory out, Im wondering of the amount of condensation in the car is affecting the electrics too?

J

Alsie: You've probably got blocked scuttle drains. One under the battery and one under the servo. If they're choked up and it rains the water fills up and pours in thru the heater.

Alsie failing that you could just park on the hill facing downhill lol :icon_thumright:

Lol..yea its remembering, the Audi down and the scooby up otherwise the scooby leaks on the boot seal in the corners....blinking cars...

Just don't park on hill at all then except when your on you bike lol or does that have a problem when parking on a hill aswell lol

Just don't park on hill at all then except when your on you bike lol or does that have a problem when parking on a hill aswell lol

yea tried that once...fell over, and i was on it at the time lol... led there with the bike on top of me, not wanting to pull my leg out and let the bike touch the floor, was 10mins before anyone stopped to help