Wind noise

Kevint

Reaction score
Website
www.lickmyear.org
I have a problem with wind noise coming from the off side rear window. I think sometimes the window drops by a couple of mm, but even when I thighten the window back up (it's manual /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) and get back in the car the noise is still there.

The car is just about to come out of extended warranty so I want to get the dealer to have a look so it can be fixed for free... my only problem is going to be demonstrating the problem to them.

The noise starts at 105mph and stays no matter what speed you're doing above that, fall below 105 and it stops. I do drive over the other side of the channel quite fequently and often at higher speeds for long distances, so it can become annoying.

How should I approach the dealer about this?

Kev.

i get a shed load of wind noise on mine at anything above 90mph. mainly from the wing mirrors but also from the passenger side window as well. i just turn the stereo up and i dont often do more than a ton very often so its no as much of a problem for me i suppose.

I had the same problem with mine. It turned out to be the window frame not meeting the car body rather than the window itself (listened to it once when I was being driven as a passenger).

The fix was:
Look carefully to see where the thing is misaligned, most likely the top rear (the pointy bit!).

Wind the window down fully.

Apply a bit of pressure to the frame to pull it the right direction you only need to move it a few mm (don't pull too hard!!!!!).

Presto - no more wind noise.

If your problem is the same as mine this should fix it - hope it helps.

Cheers,

Greg

The dealer would probably say, "easy fix gov'ner, don't drive above banning speed!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

i also get noise from the join in the door card to the window frame just next to the mirror..

as a tempory fix I put some tube in the gap... but it neeeds foam inside the cover and in the door card to stop it..

as its the door card that seals to the chassis, any air gaps there will cause a noise too!

[ QUOTE ]
The dealer would probably say, "easy fix gov'ner, don't drive above banning speed!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be so if you only drove in the UK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kev.

Thanks Grag and Andy, I'll have a look later and see if I can get a passenger to sit in the back and listen, if not, I'll see what the dealer says.

Kev.