audi a4 1.9tdi starts then stops immediately

pugsly1002000

Reaction score
hey every1 i hope im in right topic ... i bought a audi 1.9tdi estate yesterday and having a bit of problem , when i viewed car it was already warmed up from him driving half way to meet me but since getting home with it , i have found quite a bad problem wich is it starts up and then dies instantly it may take me 7 times before it finally starts then runs evenwhen car is warm sometimes. there is a sparkline alarm and imobilizer on the car but light goes out when imobilizer is pushed in so dont think it that , any help much appreciated.

Sounds more like the factory immo kicking in?

Does a yellow key symbol flash on the dashboard when it cuts out?

That's the service that's due - an Inspection 2, the handbook will tell you what needs to be done on your car for this.
You'll need to get it scanned to see what codes you have, if any.
If you read the forum, you will see a lot of talk of VagCom/VCDS. You will need this (or similar) to diagnose faults on your Audi.
As it is a bit expensive, you could look here ***VCDS Users Map*** to see if there is anybody near you to exchange beer tokens for scans.

Put the key in and turn the ignition on and a yellow symbol with a car and a key underneath should inside the revcounter along with the other warning lights.

It should then go out and stay out. If it stays on or starts flashing, the car will start then cut out. If it doesnt come on at all then the same applies.

What age is your car?