New stoppers!!

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
What can I say?? That was by far the easiest brake swap I have ever ever done. Unbolt old and bolt on new, job jobbed.

Got some carriers at a scrappy for £15, then ordered some 3.0 B6 Quattro discs and B5 1.8T pads from Brembo for another £122 delivered.

The old
IMAG0299.jpg

The new
IMAG0302.jpg

Reactions: Mackers
Good stuff.

How much of a difference do they feel?

Was gonna do the 312mm myself, but looking into other avenues, possibly B6 S4 or others when i need them.

Looking to do the same what where the carriers off a TT or differant as I'm going to take a trip to local VAG breakers and see how much I can pick a set up for.

Good stuff.

How much of a difference do they feel?

Was gonna do the 312mm myself, but looking into other avenues, possibly B6 S4 or others when i need them.

I've read somewhere that the S3 carriers/callipers fit work?

i'm trying to get hold of some to test this out and trying to find where I read it to.

Carriers were off an A6 Avant and cost just £15! As soon as you say TT you seem to pay an inflated price and I was getting quoted £80+ by some breakers.

The initial bite seems vastly improved and I am at present very pleased with the pedal feel. I was looking at the K-Sport conversion but that was coming in at £800. This owes me less than £150 all in

Last edited:
I've read somewhere that the S3 carriers/callipers fit work?

i'm trying to get hold of some to test this out and trying to find where I read it to.

Im also looking into other options like this Scott. Im not sure if earlier S3 will work as PCD is different, but think the later is possible, aswell as maybe R32 etc, and then theres the Leon Cupra R that comes with Brembos, worth looking into maybe.

Im also looking into other options like this Scott. Im not sure if earlier S3 will work as PCD is different, but think the later is possible, aswell as maybe R32 etc, and then theres the Leon Cupra R that comes with Brembos, worth looking into maybe.

I'm just talking about the carriers and calipers. PCD should not effect theses.
Should it?

Pcd is just for the disc hence why you use the A4 B6 3.0 V6 discs, the carriers depend on bolt spacing on the hubs or uprights and the thickness of the discs.

The S3/TT caliper has a smaller piston, hence you just use the carrier and retain the original a4 caliper.

TT/S3 stuff is a streight fit onto various golfs/seats/skodas etc, and hence are saught after.