Finally decatted!

B5QUAT

Reaction score
Finally got round to getting my decat pipe fitted yesterday after the MOT, so I've got 12 months before I need to worry about the emissions.

decatpipe.jpg

The car is now considerably louder. Rather unpleasantly so on the motorway, if I'm honest. But at low revs and on overrun it sounds awesome. Doesn't really feel any quicker but seems to be a tad more responsive (boost climbs quicker on the gauge) but only to the same peak level and it does feel a bit freer higher up in the revs. It seemed to strangle after about 5500rpm before.

Overall, for 40 quid 2nd hand and a couple of quid for wrap, a worthwhile mod.

Next on the agenda, chip swap and FMIC and a rolling road session.

Be good to see you fly past me with that fitted as I'm hoping to get a full system on mine next year sometime and I've already decatted mine is your miltek res or non res ??

I felt some differance on spool I'd say by about 500rpm, on mine since fitting the FT and high flow manifold with the ths decat on motorway at high rpm it really roars with standard system. And round a and b roads and that it sounds mint on spool up and dumping. With no loud exhaust noise. But I'm hoping to go for a 3" full system non res but I'm thinking it may be to loud !!

Yeah main difference i noticed when i fitted mine was that it felt much better at the top. Kept going a little bit more and changing gear it picked up quicker once the revs had dropped than it did with the cat still on. Spools up quicker aswell yeah. i`ve only got a backbox and thats it now but its always been loud even with the cat still in.

Oh and mine passed on emissions even with a decat. Just had to hold it at higher revs for longer to settle the readings and it was pretty much on the limit so he said he wouldnt fail it as it was too close to the pass marker to bother failing it :D

Theres no way you'll get under 0.2% CO without a cat. If it passed its because he let you off.

A healthy engine will get down to about 0.5% running lambda 1 and thats about it.

I've had a few decatted cars over the years, and they've all come in around 0.5%.

Yeah mine wouldn't go through but I work at a garage so they used a donor vehicle lol

Be good to see you fly past me with that fitted as I'm hoping to get a full system on mine next year sometime and I've already decatted mine is your miltek res or non res ??

I felt some differance on spool I'd say by about 500rpm, on mine since fitting the FT and high flow manifold with the ths decat on motorway at high rpm it really roars with standard system. And round a and b roads and that it sounds mint on spool up and dumping. With no loud exhaust noise. But I'm hoping to go for a 3" full system non res but I'm thinking it may be to loud !!

Yeah pop over and have a listen if you want sometime. It's the non res Milltek on mine. Knowing what I know now I would've gone for the resonated as it's simply too boomy and I'm nearly 40 now so I look like I'm having a mid life crisis! EVERYONE looks round when you gun it down the road. It's like my old Subaru days are back! lol

You can really hear the turbo whistling too on spool up, that sounds cool.

Well true he is my mate so would have passed it regardless. He had to hold it for a good minute at higher revs than what the test is to be done at so settle the readings down. It was flicking between pass and fail and by the end of the test it was on the fail side but by 0.32 over and he said due to it being such a tiny amount over he`d never fail it for that. Where as when he did my Civic he was ******* himself in the workshop at the readings off the scale almost.

You can order the resonated section from any Miltek dealer. I had teh part number for the non-resonated part as I wanted to loose the centre box. I would suggest we swap but I'm worried I might want to go back again.

You can order the resonated section from any Miltek dealer. I had teh part number for the non-resonated part as I wanted to loose the centre box. I would suggest we swap but I'm worried I might want to go back again.

Ah, that's good to know. May go down that route actually. The problem is that it sounds fast, but isn't. lol. Wouldn't be so bad with 300bhp but with only 180 (less than most hot hatches these days), it can be quite embarrassing making that much noise. bit like a 1.2 Corsa with a Jap can.

Nothing wrong with a japcan :p Although im too fond of bringing jap over to german as its mainly what i`ve had before and dont tend to go for the subtle things lol.