cruise control

tangerinedream

Reaction score
hi all i want to have cruise control but dont want to pay awsome gti or anyone else over 200 quid

is there a way to source the parts needed ( stalk etc )#
and to get a guide how to do it??

rconn you must know :)

there was a very good write-up in this section do a quick search.

What car is it, diesels are easy, as they are DBW, most everything else needs a collection of parts to complete

I've just got the DBW cruise cable from Kufatek.

I already had the stalk (A8) for my old 1.8T... so maybe on Sunday I'll get it fitted.

Later 1.8T's and S4's are DBW, so it's just a case of replacing the stalk and wiring it in.

mine is 1.8t but is aeb so drive by wire any one got part no. needed and link to write up, thanks

thanks mate just need part numbers now :)

i swear ive seen an easeier write up thou ???

Last edited:
t/dream your car will be dbc, aragorn managed it on dbc but part list is a lot more than stalk and harness

any one with dbw ive got a stalk and harness for sale, open to offers

My mate Ben used an A8 stalk (as I gave it to him) on his S4 and it was straight plug & play.

Mine's the exact same stalk, so I'm hoping mine will be as simple too.

I made my own wiring harness for the cruise on the AEB.

AEB cruise has a vacuum pump under the bonnet, a vacuum capsule and linkage attached to the throttle body, vacuum hose running from the pump to the capsule and also inside the car to vacuum switches on the pedals. There is also an ECU that sits above the glove box, and its connected to the brakes and various other circuits in the car.

Its quite involved, and not something i'd suggest you take on unless you know your way around a wiring diagram. I had considered making up the looms for people, but you need connectors for various parts of the system and these get silly money buying new. I got the connectors supplied with the various components by the breakers yards i got the parts for, which is fine for DIYing the whole thing on one car, but not ideal if your wanting to supply the looms.

I wouln't expect them to do it tbh. if they did parts could easily cost £200 used plus labour to fit etc.

It's deffo worthwhile if you are handy at wiring etc yourself, otherwise not worth it

********!

I was informed that the 'extra' wire on the Kufatec loom was an earth... not a power lead. No wonder mine's not working. Will have to undo it from the earthing point and fix it to a power point in the fuse box.

Doh!