The Holy Grail !!

jb7_uk

Reaction score
Website
www.randomautosport.com
Well,

Its been a bit of a search, but thanks to a link provided kindly by Derek Ross the holy grail is within reach!

I heard back from the guy at AutoAlloyz.co.uk to and while the RS4 replica wheels are not, the Audi S-Line rims they have are single drilled, 5x112 ET-35 !!

audi_rs4.jpg

and they look enough like RS4 rims to me!!

A Set of these, with 225-40-ZR18 Avon tyres comes in at £899 with free next day delivery and the usual fitting kit.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif JB.

Nice mate they will look great you will have to post a few pics.

From what ive heard multi-drilled are supposed to be fine...?

If it is the holy grail i`d reccomend getting a spare incase one buckles and they stop selling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'm sure they are, i just dont personally like the idea of driving a big A4 Avant hard through corners on rims with more holes than necessary in the loadbearing bit of the rim round the middle.

Just a personal thing i guess.

The Avon tyres that are included in the deal are not ZZ1's by any chance? If they are, I recommend that you choose another type! If they are ZZ3's then they are ok.

Seriously, I bought a set of RSTT Reps from Rochford tyres which came with ZZ1's and they are truly awefull!

Hope this helps
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
The Avon tyres that are included in the deal are not ZZ1's by any chance? If they are, I recommend that you choose another type! If they are ZZ3's then they are ok.

Seriously, I bought a set of RSTT Reps from Rochford tyres which came with ZZ1's and they are truly awefull!

Hope this helps
Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hees right you know.....zz1's are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif..........zz3s arent much better either
if i had the choice i wouldnt get avon tyres at all

cool, cheers for the tip guys, i shal lmake sure they deffinitely arent ZZ1's, as for avon rubber in general, i have some avon's on the back of the cortina and got nowt but good thing to say bout them, although admitedly its a totally different kettle of fish to the audi!

might push the boat out for some Goodyears or something, what is everyones absolute tyre of choice then?

cheers.

Ive got ZZ1s and have had no problems with them they are very grippy in wet and dry.
Why do you guys think they are naff.
When i renew im going to get F1s but i am still curious.

if you like eggs , get zz1`s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif
Big 1's tend to suddenly appear in the sidewalls,
and my mate had 2 blowouts on motorway with zz1's

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

well, it all done now!! just ordered my set of rims from autoAlloyz! they'll be here tomorow - the avons they come with are ZZ3's so decided to stick with them for now. Also got the usual fitting bits and pieces and a set of Audi emblem centre caps as well!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif Cant wait!! very helpful guy called Paul who sorted me out a treat.

Will post pics and things when they on!

cheers all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'll confirm the ZZ-1s are awful. I'm sure mine are made of ebony... rock hard, no grip and an uber bendy sidewall - crap!

I've got ZZ3's on mine on multi-drilled rims and they're fine... And they've been pushed from all angles I can tell ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Well, they arrived .. i fitted them . . and i reckon the look the dog's danglies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif well chuffed with them.

Can highly recommend Auto Alloyz For anyone after some single drilled 18" rs4 look-a-likies top banana /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

So.. pics ...

audi_full.jpg

audi_wheel-cu.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif