S4 Avant Roof Rails

shagga

Reaction score
Hi All,
Does anyone know if I can get the newer silver roof rails for a 2000-2001 S4 Avant to replace the original black ones...?
Can't find them on the VAG site.

Cheers

Yep, you can if you contact VAG Parts direct I'm sure they will be able to sort you out. Please note its not an easy job.

Two weeks ago I could have supplied you with a set of RS4 ones.

Just my luck....! So not just a case of take em off and swap em over..?
Will I need a hammer..?

Cheers docurley.

Shagga - i was going to put the aluminium roof rails and brushed door mirrors on my S4. However upon looking more closely, the rails/door mirrors i thought would not really show up too much being that my car is silver.It is too much of a match IMHO.
They stand out better on the Rs4 in Avus silver, or a darker colour.
Doc' said that they were a bit of a bitch to remove/put on.........so i left mine well alone...

Anyway, i take it you picked up your S4 then? You pleased with it?

*edit, just read your signature /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif*

I wish,
Should be by Saturday but I sold my S3 yesterday and now car-less. In a way I'm pleased the dealer is taking the time to do a proper job (I hope). They're replacing the cam belt & tensioners etc, new water pump, new rear disks and pads, 18" RS4 reps, Facelift badges and a service.
I have driven it twice and may have to have the smile surgically removed from me moosh.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Wicked. It will be worth the wait, just don't forget the photos......

lol,

I just covered my car in paper, in a mates barn, then genlty sanded the bars, then primed, put halford's chrome spray over the top and sealed them.

look O.K, but i rushed it, so i will be improving on them

not bad for about 20 quid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif