Opinions on badge?

[ QUOTE ]
didn,t really need bluetooth what is it???

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluetooth is an interface which removes the need for a cable from your in-car phone to the vehicle primarily.

Hey Guys

I have a question about a badge and wondered if I could ask your opinions. I'm not sure if such a thing exists but i'd like an Audi sport bage to put on the rear of my car. I'm after one like that pictured but without the 'S4' on it. I'm not trying to make the car look like something it isn't, just figured that if Audi are gonna put this badge on my Steering Wheel, it's ok for me to put it on the rear.

What do you guys reckon on this?

Cheers

Andy

Can't work out how to attach a picture now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif The badge I'm talking about is the red diamond with the two plain silver rectangles next to it. As on the steering wheel of a 1.8T Sport.

I suppose it all down to your own opinion. The only draw back it that you might get people trying to race you and so on.

Personally I don't think it makes a differance what badge you have on the car. But do we really want to be like those "other" owners who have 1.6's and make them in to "S"'s and "M"'s and GTi's. The list goes on....

It doesn't have an S4 badge. It has a similar badge that has two plain silver rectangles, rather than silver rectangles with S & 4 on them. It is on the lower spoke of the three spoke steering wheel and I think comes on all Turbo Sport models. By putting the badge on the back I would in no way be pretending that my car is an S4. I would simply be putting the Sport badge on the back, that Audi saw fit to put inside my car.

Just want some opinions! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Your A4 has the S4 badge on the steering wheel?

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be something that the European cars have and US ones don't.

I have S-Line badges on my Turbo Sport, and I think they're ok as they don't make it look like I'm trying to say it's an S4 or anything.

'S-Line' is quite nondescript anyway; some of the modern S-Line cars are in theory slower than mine, so hey, why not stick on a badge that lets people know your car's a bit different?

In my opinion, as long as you're not dressing a car up as something it's not (Ie; S4 badges on anything other than an S4) then it's ok. S-Lines come with the turbocharged four, and that's what engine I have, albeit tuned to 200BHP. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Drew.

Tried VAGPARTS today to no avail - but thanks for all the advice guys.
I've got a number for AUDI AG (Germany) and I gonna give them a call tomorrow.....

Hi guys, my first post here but just wante dto chip in with my bit..

I too have the S line sport badge on the steering wheel in my car but its not a 1.8 T sport, its the 2.8 avant quattro sport (yr 2000).

[ QUOTE ]
Tried VAGPARTS today to no avail - but thanks for all the advice guys.
I've got a number for AUDI AG (Germany) and I gonna give them a call tomorrow.....

[/ QUOTE ]

veryblack'n'lowA3

I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

So whats the verdict? Is it reasonable to fit an Audi Sport badge to the rear of a 1.8T Sport, or would it be frowned upon? I know there is a thread running in the A3 forum critisising people who try to make there car something it isn't, by adding badges from a higher model. But I don't think I would be doing this would I? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Cheers

Andy

I had one of them on my old B5 quattro sport, but its not on my new B6 quattro sport /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have a couple of pics, is this the one you mean, if it is then someone on audiworld.com has them, or he at least had some made up.

logo.jpg

inerior.sized.jpg

This is a decent one, but trying to find where to buy it may be a problem, I think they were custom made by a guy called JustDave on audiworld.com. you couldtry posting there.
a4logo.jpg

I just cut up a RS4 badge for my old A4

I was thinking of customising the badge on my steering wheel at some point too... thought I may get it engraved but not really sure where to get something like that done. I could do it myself but I'd rather all the letters etc. looked the same as each other! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

You will not believe it I have just seen a white 1.8T audi with a body kit with one on the back where the A4 badge goes on the older A4's!!

It goes about in the town i stay, if i meet him at a petrol station or that I will ask him about it.

He may have just got one off a S/RS model.