Picture request. No rear wiper.

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
My rear washer jet packed up and the motor has started juddering across the screen again.
I dont user the rear wiper very much and the thought of removing it popped in to my head.

I did a quick search for B5 avants that had the rear wiper removed but can't find much on it.
Did find a link in a 8P thread to a company that sells the glass blanks (Linky).

Has any one done this to their avant or is able to post a picture with this done, please?

i never use mine ever.
but i left mine in as removing it makes the car look a bit poverty spec.
it's a typical rookie modders trick and always looks a bit cheap to me

i never use mine ever.

Couldn't agree less mate. It really tidys up the rear end. Each to their own though.

i never use mine ever.

I'm a bit unsure on it at the moment.
Looking at the pics of golfs with this done and i think it really smooths the back end.
which i'm liking at the moment.

FLUSHREAR-1.jpg

Apic of mine as requested Axios.....Simply remove the rear wiper and all associated parts (don't forget to blank off the rear washer pipe!), and find a suitable bung to cover the hole in the glass. I've just bought one from your linky at the top. Never knew they exsisted! I've debadged mine too, as well as deleting the cut away in the plinth where the lock for the boot used to be. C.L.E.A.N......lol.

I like that.
I'm going to order one of them bungs and give it.

Have thought about de-keying the plinth thing. Might buy another one and do it in the warmer weather.

Thanks Phoenix.

IMO if you do one thing you should go the whole hog! In other words debadge, smooth the plinth and remove the wiper. Or you could throw £ away like me (i get very bored!) and add some facelift lights, a pressed metal plate, LED plate lights and then polish it to death!lol!

IMO if you do one thing you should go the whole hog! In other words debadge, smooth the plinth and remove the wiper. Or you could throw £ away like me (i get very bored!) and add some facelift lights, a pressed metal plate, LED plate lights and then polish it to death!lol!

Facelift lights are on my list of things to get.
Not sure about LED plate lights.
Looking in to pressed plates at the moment. I don't want to send my documents to them, i'm looking for someone local or somewhere that does not ask for the documents.
Polish is tomorrow. Got a new clay bar and some new polish to try out.

I get bored every day for 7 hours a day sat in work. There is nothing happening so I spend most of my day on forums and google looking for things to do and projects.

I have facelift lights and dont particularly like em, preferred the smoked reverse lights on the PFL units, could maybe arrange a swap, although unless we meet up that potentially leaves one of us without a car for a few days.

LED plate lights i wasnt sure about either, but i fitted one at the weekend (the other bulb holder dissolved) and seeing the car from a distance it does look much better, even with only half the plate lit.

I have facelift lights and dont particularly like em, preferred the smoked reverse lights on the PFL units, could maybe arrange a swap, although unless we meet up that potentially leaves one of us without a car for a few days.

LED plate lights i wasnt sure about either, but i fitted one at the weekend (the other bulb holder dissolved) and seeing the car from a distance it does look much better, even with only half the plate lit.

PM Sent :)

EDIT:=- Never mind, my rear lights have a crack in them.

Last edited:

Hows this?
smooth2.jpg

AHHHH! Perfection! Looks like Aragorns sorted you out big time! Mine cost me a fair whack so you should save a few bob! I wasnt a fan of the whole LED thing either untill I tried it for a laff and thought it looked ace! Done my whole interior too now in white LED lighting! Sidelights too! This is what it looks like......

LEDPLATELIGHTS.jpg

LEDSIDELIGHTS.jpg

Rubbish pic you can just about make the little fella out! Looks awesome at night.