newbie needs help!

rs4wannab

Reaction score
hi have just bought an a4 b5 1.8 20v turbo, the problem is that someone has fitted a universal dump valve that i need to get rid off but cant find any info on the pipework, the turbo outlet pipe has a smaller take off thats been blanked off and a t-piece fitted just before the throttle body with the dv in...i want to fit a recirculating valve but need to undo the bodge first...HELP PLEASE :sos:

can you take a photo of the pipework?

The pipe to the throttle body should just run direct from the intercooler, so you'll need a new pipe for that.

Then down by the turbo, the DV sits between the outlet and inlet pipes, there should be a ~1" pipe coming off each.

Standard DV's are 25quid or so, and if your buying one get one from an S3 or TT225, whose part number ends in 710N, as they're a bit stronger.

will try and get pics tommorow, thanks for the help will have a look and see if ican find the other 1" pipe as thts prob been blanked aswell. will look for 710n aswell

right got some pics
010-7.jpg

this is the blanked off turbo out hose but theres no other blanked hose?

009-7.jpg

008-4.jpg

t-piece fitted for uni dump valve...
005-5.jpg

this is why i dont understand what the previous owner has done

the other blank should be in intake pipe?

what year is car? you'll be missing a joining pipe and a plastic pipe joiner
early models had dv fitted in intake pipe later 98 ish on had it located in lower pipe

You can see the other blanked off pipe in the first image, directly above the lower one is another jubilee clip (on the turbo intake pipe), that'll be the other blanking point.

Looks like the later setup to me, as the take off isnt really close to the cross pipe like that on the earlier cars. (its also got a hidden throttle cable, one piece engine cover and the later type hitachi Ignition amp)

The blue vacuum pipe that comes off the inlet manifold usually runs down, across the timing belt cover under the water hose, and threads down to the dump valve.