help needed with boot on b6 cab

cabgordy

Reaction score
just got a new car a4 1.8t quattro 6 speed but i got a problem with the boot it only opens up with the key in the lock,, so i took the boot cover off for a look and there are some parts mising need a pic off boot lid with no cover on so i can see whats missing ..manyt many thanks ..please help someone ..to the right of the boot with cover off there like a bump with 4 holes in it think a bracket or something gose off it any more light on this please

Have you first tried turning the lock until the slot is in the vertical position, then removing the key? That should allow you to open the boot normally.

there is something missing from my boot i got no where to mout the soilond to that makes the botton on the boot work to open it hense why i need a pic

i can open the boot via the key lock but the problem i have is the button on the boot lid dont work also the button on the key fob dont work as well ..so i took of the liner in the boot lid and found someone has removed the soilnoid and bracket .. been to scarp yard and got soilnod.. pluged it in the connetor which was left hanging there and found the button works but i got know where to mount the soilnod to ..i can see 4 holes on the right hand side dose it gothere with a bracket im missing maybe pleasehelp me out someone all if the mirco switch wasnt working is that why the button on my key fob ant workin (lock is in the right place )

pijk002.jpg

pijk001.jpg

you can see 4 holes ..dose the soilnoid go there ??????
got this of an a4 saloon is it the same part i need or is the rod diffent
pijk006.jpg

pijk005.jpg

hope my pics can shed some light on helping me fix this problem //ive only had the car 1 week ..many thanks

Last edited:
It looks like the solenoid goes there and the rod will connect to the latch.

i know that and tryied itbut it dont fit as theres something missing and its the missing bit i need to find out what it is

think i found the problem the parts i got came off salon car and part numbers are diffent part i need now is 8e9 827 833 and the part i got is 8e5 827 833 plus the rod is diffent..... thanks ekta

talking to audi today my key fob to open the boot might need reprogaming how do you do it ?