Wheel spacers on my 1.8T quattro s-line 190.

Rhencullen1989

190 S LINE QUATTRO
Reaction score
Hi there, my 1.8T quattro s-line is totally standard, it's got the 18" ronal 5 spokes, was just wandering about wheel spacers to bring the wheels out a bit, don't want it looking chavvy just a bit of a meaner wider stance. Not sure if just the rears or front and rear, what thickness spacers, if same on front and back, will longer bolts be needed and where to get them from and price, anyone got any pictures, will the handling be affected or wheel bearings wearing prematurely. Sorry for all the questions but don't want to make it look *****.

if you're going to get spacers you want to measure the gap from the edge of the wheel not tyre to the edge of the arch and get them around that measurement. you want the bolt on ones that you bolt your wheel to ideally, as thats a lot more secure, rather than the bolt through long bolt ones. look at h+r and Fk ones. lots of others too. I've run adapters for the last few years and not affected the bearings.

if you're going to get spacers you want to measure the gap from the edge of the wheel not tyre to the edge of the arch and get them around that measurement. you want the bolt on ones that you bolt your wheel to ideally, as thats a lot more secure, rather than the bolt through long bolt ones. look at h+r and Fk ones. lots of others too. I've run adapters for the last few years and not affected the bearings.

Not sure I would agree with you here matt - bolt-through spacers are just as secure as long as you get good quality bolts. Some people on here have been racing with this set-up for years and not had issues.

If anything, the spacers with bolts on them are less secure as you are relying on the point where the spacer is attached to the bolt, which is a major weakness point in the whole set-up. As majority of these types of spacers are made of aluminum, the softness of this metal could prove to exaggerate the issue.

just my 2 pence ;)

fair enough, either type then. didn't realise that.

Spacer are sound for what ever you want to use the car for as long as you get longer bolts with the standard shaft length and width of the spacer added!!

Im using 5mm spacer on the front ET37 and 8mm on the rear ET34
Think you also need hubcentric spacers if you go above 10mm

15mm Wheel spacer's on 19x9" wheel. No problem wheel has a 44 offset.

IMG_2177.jpg

I've been making my own spacers for years im a cnc programmer by trade so easy enough to make if your going above 10 mm you'll need hub centric spacers as the wheel will need to sit on a diameter so as to avoid been un balanced.

I've used 20mm spacers in the past without been hub centric but i wouldn't recommend it. Im currently running 8mm on the rear with 45mm of thread bolts, there to long really for the spacer thickness as im getting 17 full turns with the brace, there really meant for something around 15mm thick which would give you about 8/9 full turns with the brace which is fine if a bit much.

As a rule of thumb going off my experience 5/6 full turns with the wheel brace which = about 7/8mm of thread for the rear is fine + 6/7 turns for the front which = about 9/10 mm of thread.....Bit long winded answer i know but i've spent years making and fitting god knows how many different sizes.

I always use alloy either HE15 or HE30 stay clear of steel to heavy.....:footy:

just to kinda threadjack, what width offset and spacer would give a flush to the arch look?
i have 18x9.5 et 47 wheels not sure what width adaptors to buy.

just to kinda threadjack, what width offset and spacer would give a flush to the arch look?
i have 18x9.5 et 47 wheels not sure what width adaptors to buy.

15mm rear's 10mm front's..