Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Question Hi Guys, I'm New here and I have Just Bought This Cabriolet...

2002 A4 2.4 Petrol Eating Cabriolet. Not sure what colour blue it is anyone know?

The car is pretty much immaculate but lacks a bit of bite.

Can anyone recommend any engine mods I could do to bring performance up?

Sorry for my ignorance i'm not remotely clued up on these things.

Can you advise me on some better alloys as I think the ones I have are too small.

It's also, as you can see from the pics got a bloody awful wood trim, can anyone advise where I can change this for chrome or carbon, or just something better than the wood?

Also would it be possible to change the front grill for one of the mesh ones that are on the RS4, if so where would I buy one from?

Sorry for all the questions I really appreciate your help on any styling/engine modifcations you think would be good.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Not sure what colour blue it is anyone know?

I think it's Mauritius Blue

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AJB Audi View Post
    Not sure what colour blue it is anyone know?

I think it's Mauritius Blue
    Thanks pal looks really nice in different light shades.

Dont suppose you know where I can replace that wood trim?

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    nice one and welcome

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    nice one and welcome
    Thanks

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    to the forum and good choice in choosing a Cab thats another this week.

The trim is an easy swap to do but they are like rocking horse poo on ebay. Just have to sit tight and wait or you can wrap it in Ally looking vinyl like I did on a couple bits of mine.

As for performance upgrades there isn't a lot you can do on the 2.4 engine. To replace your wheels, I personally think the RS6 rims look best but RS4 reps look good as well but it's all down to personal taste.

I have never seen a mesh grill for a Cabriolet but beware that near enough every part for a Cabriolet is different to the Saloon and Avant so don't rush in buying anything for them that is advertised on ebay etc.

As for mods......the list is really endless and you will got a lot of ideas from people on here so hope you have deep pockets! I'd start with changing the rear light clusters to the B7 versions, an RNS-E (sat nav) is also a really good upgrade and makes a big difference in the cabin.

Drop me a PM if you need anything! Where abouts are you from ?
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

cabriolet

Status
    welcome, as for wheels, then thats a choice only you can make, strongly recomend 18", seems the norm now.
    mods for making it quicker, as far as im aware your out of look on that one with a 2.4, not much scope to do alot but im sure people will be along that will have more knowledge on the 2.4.
    dash trim !!!!!!!! took me over a year to get mine off the bay, there like hens teeth ! better to wrap as speedy suggested, cheaper too as there silly money to replace.
    other mods ! well were do ya stop, read peoples sigs below there comments lol hope u have deep pockets, it gets addictive. rear lights, 18" alloys rns-e and a nice mffbsw are a must.
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmspeedy View Post
    to the forum and good choice in choosing a Cab thats another this week.

The trim is an easy swap to do but they are like rocking horse poo on ebay. Just have to sit tight and wait or you can wrap it in Ally looking vinyl like I did on a couple bits of mine.

As for performance upgrades there isn't a lot you can do on the 2.4 engine. To replace your wheels, I personally think the RS6 rims look best but RS4 reps look good as well but it's all down to personal taste.

I have never seen a mesh grill for a Cabriolet but beware that near enough every part for a Cabriolet is different to the Saloon and Avant so don't rush in buying anything for them that is advertised on ebay etc.

As for mods......the list is really endless and you will got a lot of ideas from people on here so hope you have deep pockets! I'd start with changing the rear light clusters to the B7 versions, an RNS-E (sat nav) is also a really good upgrade and makes a big difference in the cabin.

Drop me a PM if you need anything! Where abouts are you from ?
    Wow thanks for the reply mate, i am from sunny Sunderland by the way.

Shame about the trim, where abouts would I get the vinyl from and is it easy to take the trim off?

I deffo fancy the RNS-E, seen them for about 450 on ebay, is that the norm?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly View Post
    welcome, as for wheels, then thats a choice only you can make, strongly recomend 18", seems the norm now.
    mods for making it quicker, as far as im aware your out of look on that one with a 2.4, not much scope to do alot but im sure people will be along that will have more knowledge on the 2.4.
    dash trim !!!!!!!! took me over a year to get mine off the bay, there like hens teeth ! better to wrap as speedy suggested, cheaper too as there silly money to replace.
    other mods ! well were do ya stop, read peoples sigs below there comments lol hope u have deep pockets, it gets addictive. rear lights, 18" alloys rns-e and a nice mffbsw are a must.
    Hi mate, how much would a set of wheels like yours cost with tyres? they look really good.

Would a remap chip thing be worth doing, it's only an extra 18 BHP, that plus a new air filter perhaps?

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AZZMAN View Post
    Wow thanks for the reply mate, i am from sunny Sunderland by the way.

Shame about the trim, where abouts would I get the vinyl from and is it easy to take the trim off?

I deffo fancy the RNS-E, seen them for about 450 on ebay, is that the norm?
    I actually got mine from a friend on here. Try any company that do car vinyl wraps and ask them to send you some samples. The door trims are the easiest as they pop off with a little help with a screwdriver. The other bits aren't that hard but there is a process you need to go through so if you get stuck just drop me a PM.

RNS-E's go between 380-450 on ebay. I can get them but there Ł450 from me inc postage, but these are from me and not from a far away place!

As for the rims like mine and 1wheels, expect to pay around Ł250-350 although tyres may not have a great deal on them for this price but just hold out and keep checking e-bay to see what comes up. Make sure you get the right offset.

Oh and if you want to improve the handling put an RS4 RARB (rear anti-roll bar) on the back
    Last edited by pjmspeedy; 10th March 2010 at 15:54.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi, Welcome.

Nice car you have there, I am on my second B6 cabriolet, they really are great cars. You are gonna love it when the summer comes.

Good Luck

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmspeedy View Post
    Oh and if you want to improve the handling put an RS4 RARB (rear anti-roll bar) on the back
    hey pjmspeedy, how much are these and how much better is the car gona handle with it fitted?

thanks
    2003 Black 3.0 Multironic Cabriolet
    18" RS6s, 6000k HID conversion, Led interior upgrade.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    YE56 NDY reg for sale.

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Makes a huge difference in corners and especially in a Cab as well. Really reduces the roll and you can quite happly chuck it around round-a-bouts now

Reverse Gear

Status

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by little ted View Post
    Just seen this, nice trim but i'm not sure where he gets his "audi" prices from, i recently bought a new drivers side door trim in ally fish scale, i know it wasn't cheap but it was nowhere near any of the prices he quotes or i wouldn't have changed it, it was only surface scratches and only a few at that, maybe it's because it's a cab?
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

cabriolet

Status
    mattyboy, your right mate, its because its a cab, i looked into getting mine from audi as it was one of the mods i deffenately wanted to do no matter what, i can comfirm that his prices arent that far out at all, i was quoted 140 each for door trims and hes stating 300 for pair so not far out. over double for a cab rather than saloon or avant, RIP OFF !! but it does complete the interior.
    i wouldnt of advertised them on here, there RARE! saying that youll probably get them for a bargain, its only me that has to pay the earth for stuff lol.
    also the front ashtrays differ dependant on if you have single or double din stereo.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    saying that youll probably get them for a bargain, its only me that has to pay the earth for stuff lol.
    Lol sorry but that cracked me up mate
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    mattyboy, your right mate, its because its a cab, .
    In that case i take it back, thinking about it mine was about Ł40 so as you say half price, you would have thought the money they saved not putting a roof on the bloody thing they could do you a deal on the parts
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

cabriolet

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboyc View Post
    you would have thought the money they saved not putting a roof on the bloody thing they could do you a deal on the parts
    lmfao that would be nice wouldnt it.