S4 Windscreen Washer bottle leak

heli_madken

Reaction score
Hi, Noticed that my washer fluid level warning was on last night so thought I would top the bottle up, as fast as I was pouring water in the top it was coming out the bottom :huh:

With it being dark I havent investigated whats happening but the washer system is working fine with whats left in the bottle so it isnt a pipe come of etc, whats involved in getting the bottle out? is this a common thing? we did have a hard frost last week not sure if this has split the bottle

Car is an 05 plate S4 cab, thanks for any help

Hi All, I have a similar problem.

I can see the leak coming out of the bottom of the right hand side front wing (to the right of the wheel as you look at it). Anyone have any ideas where the leak could be coming from?

Thanks in advance!

Aron

The washer bottle is behind the nearside headlight. either one of the washer motors has come out or the bottle has failed. Not sure if the bumper has to come off to change the unit though?
Think i saw a picture of one on here in a thread called "headlamp wash retro fit" or something along those lines.
I'm sure someone will be along to help out properly

Bumper does not need to come off.
To take the washer bottle out remove the n/s front wheel and then the plastic wheel arch liner. The bottle has a top section and a bottom section with a rubber grommet sealing them together. My grommet had perished and required replacing - only noticed this when retrofitting Headlamp washers. Fitted a new seal all OK.

Here is a PDF on washer bottle removal

Headlight Washer Retrofit has some pictures Linked Herehttp://www.capav.com/Audi/H-Washers/Audi A4 B6 Washer Bottle.pdf

Thanks everyone for the responses, thats really useful Woorlord weather permitting I will have a go at the weekend and let you know what the problem was

Cheers, Ken