I know you heard this before!!!!

• Thread starter imported_RastaS4
  • Start date
I

imported_RastaS4

The thing is, I'M REALLY DISSAPOINTED that Audi decided to go with a V8 engine on the S4! I mean the fun of driving a twin turbo is out of this world! I really wonder what's next????? I read in other forums that there's an S3 in the making V6 3.0 twin turbo 350bhp.... but it's not as roomy as the S4 and it's a hatchback! Don't get me wrong, I love the S3.... I wanted to get one for my wife before we had our son!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

By the way, there is nothing sexier than a beautiful woman driving a fast car!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

G.

Can you expand on your reasons? What do you mean by "the fun od driving a twin turbo"?

The twin turbos are there to smooth the power delivery. i.e. one BIG turbo would not be smooth (lag and large surge).

The V8 goes further to the ultimate in smoothness.

There's no way an S3 will have 350bhp. If they ever do an RS3 then that would be be real outer limit that i'd expect from it.

I know Scotty!!! V8 engines are super smooth but the way the power is delivered on the twin turbo is amazing! Sorry I meant RS3.... wouldn't that be one hell of a car???

Is there many mods that you can do on the V8 4.2??

G.

Already done : AMD Stage 3

The only other thing is an induction kit : Hyperflow

AMD will do you a supercharger but that's really silly money!

Around 400bhp will do be for a while anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Yeah well I hear on that!!! Between each stage (4) on my S4, I waited a year or so...! What max output can you reach with a supercharger and how much will it cost???

G.

IIRC is was 550-600 but about £13k.

It may have even been £30k - TBH I was not really paying attention to the discussion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Why not get the RS4 if/when it eventually appears

[ QUOTE ]
Macduff said:
Why not get the RS4 if/when it eventually appears

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but I truly wonder what engine the new RS4 will hold????? I mean, the RS6 has the V8 4.2 twin turbo, you think they'll use the same engine on the RS4???

I already love the RS4 cause I have a small family and cause it's a very powerful station making it very attractive! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif