Upgrading headlight bulbs (any advice?)

codrock

Reaction score
been looking on ebay for upgraded headlight bulbs,the ones with the blue tinge,price is £4.75 any advice on these also are the h7 bulbs the ones i need for my b6 avant

£20 to £50 ish depending on quality, ballast size etc. Search for "H7 HID KIT" on ebay and there will be plenty.

I would'nt advise on getting £4 bulbs with a blue tint. For that price I can nearly guarantee the will be cr%p.
I've used Philips X-Treme Power H7 for the last couple of years as the were voted best buy in Auto Express a few years ago and they give a very clean white light with the lens in the B6 headlights giving that blueish tinge on the periferry of the beam.
That said a godd HID kit will always win, but make sure you get a kit with mini ballast and not the fidges i got with mine:keule:

Do people not bother to search the forums anymore?

Do people not bother to search the forums anymore?

Not always - usually easier and quicker to post a new thread and have some updated answers.... Don't know codrock personally but he's (she?) only asked a commonly asked question

As mentioned earlier on in the thread, blue tinted bulbs really aren't that good. HID is the way to go but make sure you get a kit that isn't going to light your dash up like a xmas tree with fault lights :wacko:

Plenty of threads on here if you do a search on "HID" or just holler on here and someone will be able to give you a few more pointers
I bought a set on FleaBay last year (don't have the seller details any more) for £60 but I had probs with the larger ballasts (supposedly the digital ones) bringing up faults so I went for the slim ballasts and not had a prob since

Shop around

I think some of these things should be put into a special section such as "If you are looking for better headlights, or a better turbo or a better clutch, then this is a good upgrade for you! Here's why, here are the differences between the two, and here are people who have actually done these upgrades!"

Idk, just brainstorming so we don't have to post this stuff over again. I go through the same thing, but our search feature on my site is about as useless as tits on a nun. :p