Fitted Forge Split-R Valve

Acidic32

A4 Cabriolet 1.8T Owner
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.djmauto.co.uk
Well i needed a new valve, after breaking the original Bosch one, so picked up a Split-R for £45 from Ebay

09112009046-300x225.jpg

and here it is fitted and working ! :)

mo-300x225.jpg

I know it makes the Tschhhh sound, but for the price, i can always blank of the funnel to make it fully recirc.

How did you break to the Bosch one mate??

ahh right, Wonder why it was a solid pipe.

So you had a new engine then or some Gentle Modding :eyebrows:?
You'll be better off with the SplitR valve anyway (...well once you stop it from Spitting..:whip:)

Recondition engine, K04 Turbo to replace the K03, new clutch and some other little things that were worn

Just there is a funny noise from the drive belt area, i think its from aircon pump

K04, good choice, You getting it map'd?
Uprated Injectors?FMIC...?

Hmm dunno, going to get Bodywork done first, whilst the engine beds itself in before getting a FMIC and injectors.

I have a weird problem, the rear outer tail light is not working, put a new bulb in and its dead, i unplugged both clusters and tried them on the other sides to see if it was a cluster problem, but they work on the left side, but the right side is just dead!

is that with the ko3 or 4 mate? depends how heavy your boot is really, i can soon be getting hummer style economy when giving mine abit of abuse but on normal runs about 30-35mpg. i dont know how having a bigger turbo with original ecu setups would affect the consumption tho.

injectors makes a huge impact on the mpg but didnt think turbo would so much.

Mine does 30-35 with a forge re circ. have got 38 before.

Well, i am going to go and get a free trial on a Revo Stage 1 today, just to see what that does to the car, hopefully things might improve...

Well had the Revo Trial mapping done, had it on the Dyno at the place that did it, 228BHP so its got potential

Shame its only trial, save some money and i am defiantly getting this!

some decent power you have there...
could you run me through what you have :icon_thumright: (....just being nosey & curious)

Heh nothing major, he said that the Revo loves the K04 turbo.....

That and the split-r valve is all ive changed

The person who did it (Goddard at Thetford) has a Passat with the same engine, pushing 270bhp from a K04 turbo, twin intercoolers, 007p diverter valve and induction kit...

Proves you dont need to spend stupid money :)

How come turbos on the 1.8T and 2.0T are both called the same? K04, K03 etc surely there not the same are they? I'm wanting a K04 for my 2.0 TFSI and have seen loads off the 1.8T cheaper...

Any info on turbo specs guys??

Heh, i will be looking at getting a Sports cat and a performance exhaust, should make a little difference.

but i got told a FMIC will make a lot of diffrence.:think:

Full Miltek inc Sports Cat made a Massive difference for me.Feels like its pulling all way and doesnt want to give up.

bit of a dumb question but what is an fmic? an how does it work?

ive been lookin for a ko4 turbo but dont really wanna buy of freebay any alternatives?

fmic = front mounted intercooler.
Lets call it an heat exhanger shall we ;)..sticking it on the front is the best place for it to have a good blast of the outside air blowing right on it and will be more effective when transfering heat.

..the intercoolers job is to cool the air that has compressed in the turbo. When air is compressed the temp shoots right up so having the front mount with the outside air blowing right on it would be more effective than one stuck on the top of your engine.

Im not too clued up with the details when it comes to internals so im sure someone else with more knowledge will put me right if im wrong....but hey give me a chrome number plate surround and funky fog lamp covers and ill dress your exterior up no probs,lol....

lol hahaha thanks j7uss, i should finally have my car back on monday! woohooo, so i better start lookin at things that will be a sound investment for the car an the fmic sounds like one of them..... then a turbo after that!

Good Man, Join the "hole in the pocket" gang!:icon_thumright: we neeeeeed more....

Best bet is get all the bits together (turbo/FMIC/Forge valve/Panel filter & Injectors) then have them all fitted at the same time and straight on to the Map!!:kissmyrings:

J7uss, ur gonna get me into alotta trouble, every time i talk to u you tempt me with all the stuff i could do .... so seeing as u have drawn me in...... lets talk cash n places to go,

fmic- how much n best place to source one that'll fit snug
same applies to the turbo, injectors, should i be going for a panel or a cold air intake ?

i think i have finally found sum1 i trust to be able to take it apart n put it back together n take care of it........ so now that im sold on the idea of spendin on my car, lets see what you can come up with! oh ps.... dont go crazy on me! im not minted....
the turbo... i was thinkin of gettin a ko4, which i believe can be bolted on straight with no issues, unless you have any other reccomendations!

lol @ shaz, dont worry about it mate, you only live once...:undwech:
The FMIC will set you back around £300ish, even the ones from States on Fleebay are good, seen few exactly same as mine from HK too that will set you back around £260 delivered - dont be put off by it being from HK because you'll find some UK sellers both on fleebay and websites selling exactly the same FMIC but £100 more...

Me personally would choose a Panel filter (Piper/K&N/ITG £35ish), induction systems tend to give off the chavvy 'whhhossssh-pisssssssssss' with the diverter valve espically the forge/HBoost and with our engine setup the induction suck in some serious heat unless you route it towards the bottom but then you dont wanna be getting it wet...

K04 Turbo - well theres a variety of the K04, PM 'Docurly' , he'll guide you into which one he has. Your looking anything from £350 - £700, a wide price range depending who's selling it and whether Brandnew or refurbed.

Injectors will take you back anything from £70 odd to £150 depending again who is selling them then finish it with a Custom Map :o.k:......just before you have a uprated Exhaust fitted.

That should give you an idea mate....

....oh and then you should consider Uprated Clutch Bigger brakes to stop you from all that power. If I think of anything else ill let you know,haha..:eyebrows:

hahaha!! i had to chuckle at that, mr juss givin it all poooooooooooooooowwwwer!!............p.s if or when you get chance you might wanna uprated your anchors but thats a minor issue!! hahaha!! class act there juss, must grumble about my b6/7 ;(

Sorry for the temp Hijack here Acidic32!

lol @ Howdy - we need to get more crew behind us here Howdy dont we.I like burning pockets other than mine.haha...

The Guy wants power so we should point him in the right direction.
Ive replied to your other thread too mate :icon_thumright:

yeah iv seen it mate, yeah you cant beat abit of disciple making for the big spender posse!! well i suppose you have to give the people what they ask for dont you, i just found it hilarious how you put the brakes and clutch as like a side issue!!

i think juss was jus waitin for me to doo all the mods stack it into a tree an then bid for the parts on fleebay hehehehe

howdy loving the conversion! absolute mint!

juss did look into a forge fmic but i think ima stick to the one u got, leaves me with a bit of cash to get the injectors

tho still stuck on the turbzzz

Haha @ Howdy - yeah very true, Power took over there for a minute...I should have really said get the Brakes with the upgrade shouldnt I.ha
Yeah Shaz, like the sound of first refusals on your parts though. :icon_thumright:
The forge ones are well expensive but the quality finish is beaut, I had a look at one over Hinkley before I got mine and if it wasnt for the fact it was nearly £700 I would have bought it there and then. The quality of mine is very close, looks almost the same, maybe a tad slimmer pipe here and there but nothing major.

How come turbos on the 1.8T and 2.0T are both called the same? K04, K03 etc surely there not the same are they? I'm wanting a K04 for my 2.0 TFSI and have seen loads off the 1.8T cheaper...

Any info on turbo specs guys??

Well i think its just a bigger Turbine size in the K04, which creates a bit of turbo lag, which is took away when i had my engine remapped.

I think it makes a good bit of diffrence (mine is a hybrid K04).