Merc Driver Wanting To Convert !!!

• Thread starter imported_boothville
  • Start date
I

imported_boothville

Hi all, i'm a newbie here.

Have driven mercs for the past 4 years and my recent 04 plate clk cab is boring me. Also Merc customer service is sh*t.

I saw an S4 in black parked outside Tesco's Northampton last week and fell in love.

I've also seen on the net the 400Bhp S4 that Milton Keynes Audi have. I do live in MK and might go and see it.

Anyone have any advice on the new S4 ?

I have been consider the new Merc C55 AMG but feel the £48K price tag a bit steep considering i can get a new S4 for £34K.

Matthew.

I ve just changed from a C32 (02) to S4 cab. So pleased with the S4, fantastic engine ( a bit slower than C32 ).Great build quality - puts Merc to shame. Had a cople of niggles but dealer is falling over himself to help.

Hi Boothville, I recently had an S4 cab for a week courtesy of Northampton Audi and you need to test drive it, a mate of mine has a CLK 320 and the Audi is just in a hole other league, superior road holding, performance, looks and reliability.

Hi Chairboy,

To be honest i think i want to go for the saloon anyway, cabs not really practical.

Any reason for you using Northampton Audi and not MK ?

I live in MK but work in Northampton and also have friends at the Northampton branch.

Is yours an S4 ?

I agree on the practicality but then didn't have a saloon for me to test, to be honest I have dealt with Wayside before and found there sales team to be very poor, ill informed and patronising.
Mine is an S-Line quattro which I bought as a stop gap when I had to return my M5 to BMW. Northampton were just about to add it as a demontrator when I walked in needing a car quick. I have been dealing with a guy called Lee down there who is excellent.
I'm hoping if I can get all the cash together to order a new S4 saloon but I will be waiting to see the official pics of the facelift.
If the new car is to ugly I might go for a second hand, non facelift which might be a bit cheaper by then also.

Oh, ok maybe i should be talking to Northampton then !

I take it from your comments they are face lifiting the S4 then ? Any idea's when ?

Black or Red is my colour for the S4. Might go and at least have a look the the 400bhp one in MK - Northampton dont have any S4's at them moment.

It seems pretty definite that the S4 will be face-lifted, I have seen a black S4 and I'm not sure about the ali mirrors. I would definitley go for red, especially if they do away with the black side skirts.

I actually quite like the skirts!
32045596-a4d0-02000180-.jpg

p.s. They're more dark silver/grey than black! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was over at Wayside on Saturday, they have a black S4 for 37k don't they. Same story no one to be seen, maybe they get a lot of test pilots but they don't seem to take anyone seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
boothville said:
I think the red one looks amazing !

Went to MK audi on Sun to see the S4, spent 15 mins looking at it with the wife and no assistance from any sales people. Approached one salesman to ask some questions and he wasnt really interested!

Will go to Npton Audi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really! I was very happy with the sales team at Wayside. I dealt with John Clarke and would happily recommend him to anyone else.

Dave

Boothville, you should convert... you'll enjoy driving alot more with the Audi! I've driven both cars and I always felt that the audi is more responsive!
Since you're thinking of an new S4, why not consider an RS4???? More space, more power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G.