WHAT SIZE?

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Thinking of running 10mm spacers on the rear's . Would i have to buy longer bolt's with these, if so what size ???. AMD will supply the spacers at a good price ..

Thinking of running 10mm spacers on the rear's . Would i have to buy longer bolt's with these, if so what size ???. AMD will supply the spacers at a good price ..

I would say yes you need longer bolts. I believe they are M14 x1.5 pitch and obviously 10mm longer than your stock ones. AMD should be able to supply. How much are the spacers from AMD if you don't mind me asking and are they hub centric?

whatever you get, go hubcentric!

not sure if 10mm is enough to go hubcentric though....

also - what wheels? still standard offset and width (ET54 and 7.5J) or S-Line/ S4 spec (ET45 and 8J)?

The spacers from AMD are £44.85 this does not inc p&p..So not a bad price

10mm is available hubcentric i had some on my s4 they were H+Rs .

AMD's are also hubcentric.. I will have to email / ring them on Monday to ask for p&p price aswell as extended bolt's..

nice H&R Trak+ are VERY well made and VERY light - all four in 15mm guise weighted the same as ONE of my 10mm steelies (for the Golf).

weight is pretty important since that's unsrpung weight...

I will ask them on Monday what they are made from .Would be nice if they are made of alloy ..

The spacers from AMD are £44.85 this does not inc p&p..So not a bad price

That's presumably per pair, which is about the norm. If you search on ebay you can get them slightly cheaper but there's not alot in it.
Try ESP Engineering, they fabricate hubcentrics any thickness you want, and sell the longer bolts to suit.

Bolts (5 x longer ones per wheel) will be circa £20 a set. If you want locking wheel bolt/nut however, a set of 4 will be another £20 odd quid, so a complete set of bolts including lockers will be c£40 + P&P.

Definitely go ally, due to the weight mentioned above. Makes a difference. And yes you will need proper length bolts to suit whatever sized spacer you use.

Also I believe if you have OEM wheels you need a different 'seat' for the head to the bolt, than those for replica wheels...

I have H&R 10mm Hubs.

:yum:

Anything over 10mm you can get hubcentric and will need longer bolts