Colours

stoakseya4

Reaction score
Ok, my car is in pretty good nick, and with some effort looks ok in terms of paintwork. Some of you may have seen it at AitP.

You may have also noticed some scuffs and scratches. Have tried but dont think I'll be able to polish them out, and definitely wont be able to sort out the stone chips that have gone through the paint on the bonnet, so some areas ideally would be re-sprayed.

As some of you know silver is a very difficult colour to match/blend. So for what I need doing I'm looking at c£500. Which makes me think would Vinyl Wrapping the car be better value... Can be done for c£800 although I'm investigating quotes at the moment.

This seems better overall value as it's not alot more, it covers the whole car admittedly for 3-5yrs only, but it does permit you to have a new 'looking' car temporarily at least. You can therefore have a different colour too, if you were tempted.

So, that being the case
a) what would you do? Live with the marks (will drive me mad) :sob:;
b) Do the minimal re-spray as it's cheaper and keeps it OEM :uhm:; or
c) Go for something different with a wrap... :idea:

I'm giving considerable thought to c).

So, what colour would you go for?

White:
dc1727wq91.jpg

RS482.jpg

1052.jpg

jjsnow2va21.jpg

rs4suzuka_31.jpg

Or Maybe Matt Black for the ultimate stealth look:
flat_black_0021.jpg

flat_black_0031.jpg

Ok I know it's a B7 but you get the idea.

:hubbahubba:

Opinions then? Other suggestions?

Not chrome though :puke:
mtm_audi_ec1.jpg

ta

I am liking the Matt Black idea, that look s the nuts...

Do like Matt Black. White is lush, but think it'll a) gonna be a nightmare keeping clean and b) shouting 'look at me'...

what about a doctor colour chip for the stone chips on the front?
http://drcolorchip.com/

and maybe a touch in and wet sand job on the scratches?

Just a thought as its possible to get good results and spend the money elswhere....i.e tuning!

I'm absolutely scared sh|tl3ss of doing anything to paintwork, ever since on my first car, I had a bird cr4p that just wouldn't budge, so I used...............a scouring pad! Worked a treat !! :scared2: Yep, what a mess... :lmfao:

Tuning is happening next week... Watch this space.

Will try and find someone who's good at touching up... Paintwork that is :eyebrows:

the matt black looks the mutts nuts.theres a fella who did his a4 in a camo wrap on bangorcruise.co.uk(rocko) he has also done a load of diff 1s on diff cars & they all look good

That's the idea.

Or a SWAT car ?! Although it's likely to get changed to a **** car ! lol

The matt black looks mint, but I wonder if it would 'age' prematurely before the 2-3 year life span of the vinyl is up?

White is good too, and I don't think its any more in your face than matt black is it? Both colours would mean wheel decisions too wouldn't they? How about the RS4 red (Misuno?) - that looks lush IMO.

If you invested the cost of the vinyl wrap (£800..?) into rejuvinating the silver paint work and detailing it, then the improved look of the paintwork would be virtually as good as a new colour anyway by the sounds of it, and as you say would keep it oem.

...Noooooooooooooooo dont get rid of the Colour - Are you mad:sadlike:!!
Spend the Dosh tidying it up. Vinyl will be a waste of Money IMO of course!!

how about this stoaksy ? lovely !

id_28.jpg
Ohhhhhh! I like this:hubbahubba:
I agree, spend the money on a proper detail job done by a profesional, it will last longer than a wrap. But if you must wrap go for an unusual pastel colour.

Cheers all.
Am nervous of the colour matching but I suppose they'll have to warrant their work...
Would save me a few quid that way, for a new set of rims or paint for the OEM ones...

NO WAY !
White vinyl wrap !
I had no idea you could totally wrap a car in vinyl. For some reason i'm obsedded with white B6 A4's. I would respray mine tomorrow if i had the cash. Who does the vinyl wrap ? i want to ask questions.

Team Dynamics are a well established vinyl wrapping firm with outlets/depots around the country...

Spend the money on getting her properly touched up and detailed mate, it will be worth it.Once done the upkeep should be easy

Spend the money on getting her properly touched up and detailed mate, it will be worth it.Once done the upkeep should be easy

do this - the car is a classic so modifying too much ( in my eyes ) would be sacrilege

vinyl wrapping seems pretty risky to me, dread to think what the condition of the paint would be afterwards