Audi A4 Avant dashboard warning lights - HELP!

vipergrm

Reaction score
Hi guys,
New to the forum. Just got an Audi A4 Avant TDI Sport last week (2002). Love the car however, on my second journey some warning lights came on. There is an explanation mark with an arrow curled around it, an ABS light and a flashing glow plug icon. I have attached a screenshot of the problem. A friend reckons it could be a problem with the brake switch. I noticed that the abs light only comes on after I press in the brake pedal soon after starting the car. I'm a bit disappointed this has happened as the seller did not mention this. Of course, the lights weren't on it when I bought it so I suppose there's no way he could have known. Any ides what's wrong? Thanks all!

http://cid-fec729b9ea7f6f88.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Photo008.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like your brake switch has failed, they are about £8 from Audi IIRC mine went a few months back.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for that Niknak! It would appear that you are absolutely right because the brake lights don't work. Is this easy to change? Thanks

Terrific! Thanks guys. I'll have a go at this tomorrow (and probably make a balls of it no doubt!)

Ok, just a quick update. I successfully changed over the brake switch and all the warning lights have now gone. Happy days! Thank you very much. The link to the guide that quattrojames posted was superb, although I did have a little trouble actually locating the switch initially. I'm well please.

By the way Niknak, I got the switch from Audi for £8.15. Thank you for letting me know!

Hey guys I have this exact problem Traction control, ABS light and a flashing glow plug icon I have a 2003 Audi A4 2.5 TDI Quattro. Can you guys point me in the direction of this PDF as its no longer available, and the correct Brake as the links only come up generic this is not the way I wanted to start 2015!! If you guys can help that would be great :)