non-OEM rear lights?

Tacky or not.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
So.... too chav or not too chav?

I was getting annoyed with the red-bubble look and figured that a softer top edge would look better on a silver car.... but now I'm thinking they're looking a bit tacky... opinions?

OEM tail lights:
ixus90028web800x600.jpg

Hella clear tops:
ixus90029web800x600.jpg

And the other angle...
ixus90030web800x600.jpg

might look better once I clean the rest of the car :)

.... but not convinced yet.... I'm keeping the OEM's and it's only 2 mins to switch them back....

It's a tough call mate, i don't think they are particularly chavvy (LOL at your poll btw ;)) But I don't think I particularly like them. Do they look better in the flesh?

IMO I think they dont look too bad. Wouldnt say Chav at all.
Im 50/50 as to whether I like them enough to keep them on if it was mine. Maybe certain colour cars you could get away with.

thanks for the feedback guys - pretty much as I feel about them.... I'm gonna give them a week or two and see how they go.

They don't stand out with the white "outline" quite as much in the flesh and like I said the car needs a decent wash - it's more of a dusky grey at the moment....

It's such a quick swap-over (provided you have an electric screw-driver!) that I could literally swap 'em over for one outing (decent golf club, etc) and back for the next...

J7 - I VERY much agree with your sentinment - on a blue car (and CERTAINLY) on the old red devil, the dark red's look a lot better, but on silver/white, I think I might get awayt with it....

I'll grab some longer range shots and in with different light situations (after a wash!)....

at the moment I'm 50/50 too, I'm gonna wait till you get those other shots.

i certainly wouldn't put them on any other colour (maybe white?)

they're not chavvy and nowhere near as bad as lexarse lights!

I'm probably at about 60/40 for keeping them, but need to see them in different light? (pun intended)

Might also look better with an S-line bodykit and spoiler :hubbahubba:

essentially, I'm aiming to make the car look like a baby A6 S-Line :rockwoot:

Im with the Doc. They arent terrible, but theres something too "clear" about them.

i think they look okay but wouldnt have them on mine, Its one of thos till you see them in the flesh senarios i suppose they could look neat. I just wish there were led rears for these cars that look oem till they are used

get them longer range shots up, I think it'll give a better view.

Dunno what it is but I reckon they will look better once you get the bottom colourcoded/Sline'd if you get where im coming from.Defo would only suit the silver though. and a Lip spoiler (which you are already getting)..

If you fancy a change you could get some of these from Germany
audirearlights.jpg

Call me Chav if you want folks but I reckon these on the right colour, with the right bits would look aweome!

I think I'm growing out of these lights now... seen the car a few tiems when I've not known it was mine, if anybody else wants a try-out.... (yes, yes, I'll advertise formally oin classified when I get around to it).

IF I've still got them when I get the S-line kit, I'll give it another try, but at the moment unlikely to keep them.

nooo!!!!

I wouldnt have them on mine but over on audizine there is a guy with a black one with these on and they do look nice IMO, the car looks like a murderer! dark and dangerous I must say...

I prefer the OEM look myself :)

At least its not a Saxo with the rear lights changed........

Have you made a decision yet? I think it's a really tough call - I still haven't been able to vote!

Either way i would keep them like J7USS says for when the rear is colour coded and the spoiler on (if it's going to be) - as the whole rear will look different then and the lights might look lots better!

that's my dilema.... defintely want to get the rear colour coded when I get the S-Line.... but not 100% on the spoiler yet.... in fact I'm probably about 80% against getting the spoiler.... but u know me.... I move back and forth faster than the traction on a Quattro system ;)

Time for another survey?

I'm very glad I got the lights, just to clear up what I thought of the rear.... granted it may look better once there's a lip spoiler.... but then there would be something breaking the curve at the back and I'd probably be 100% happy with the red lights!

Hmmm..... I think I'm back at 50:50.....

I have the same lights as these but on a dolphin grey A4, only bought these to replace the stupid lexus lights the previous owner put on!

Now I want the OEM red ones, just think they look better..

I always wondered.... glad I tried 'em.... but I'm back on the 100% OEM (red) ones and wondering no longer (i.e. very happy)..... I'll keep 'em until after I get the S-Line kit and then I'll see what it looks like with those again (it's a 2minute swap-over job), but I think I'm set on 100% OEM :)