what rpm does your turbo spool up on a 1.8T 190bhp?

Beef

Reaction score
Website
www.industrialaction.com
Hi,

I've just had both N75 valves replaced (whilst doing the cambelt) to see if it improves the power, but it doesn't seem to have helped much.

Mine's flat until approx 2300rpm when you can feel the turbo kicking in. Is this normal?

The car's a 1.8T quattro 2004 with the BEX 190 bhp engine. 75,000 on the clock.

Many thanks in advance,

Beef

mine starts to bite at 1800 rpm and pulls hard from 2k exactly, pulling even harder from 3500 onward.

Maybe you have a small boost leak or a weak dv. There is only one N75 boost control valve, the other is a 710 diverter valve mate, totally different and do different jobs :)

mine starts to bite at 1800 rpm and pulls hard from 2k exactly, pulling even harder from 3500 onward.

Maybe you have a small boost leak or a weak dv. There is only one N75 boost control valve, the other is a 710 diverter valve mate, totally different and do different jobs :)

X2 I'm with the Evil one :thumbsup:

Even with my remap it's spooling by 1800rpm and pulling hard from 2k :racer:

There is only one N75 boost control valve, the other is a 710 diverter valve mate, totally different and do different jobs :)

Many thanks for the reply, you've given me some hope. Do you know where the boost valve and the diverter live on one of these engines?..I think I've had something completely different replaced (of which there were two).

Thanks again,

Beef

i'm with the 1.8T quattro as well.
turbo kick in at ard 2400 rpm, should be normal.
although i havent done anything on my car yet.

the n75 boost control valve is somewhere near the front of the engine and connects to the DV which is down below the drivers headlight area, only accessible easily from underneath.

Check vagparts for a picture of both N75 and N710 (DV) so you know what they look like.

:)

Thanks for that, Vagparts is a handy site. I've definately had the N75 replaced, it's just Audi call it a solenoid change-over valve. The DV I have not and will now try. I'm sure when I bought the car the turbo kicked in just before 2000rpm, where it is at the moment it's just too sluggish. Thanks again.

Many thanks for the reply, you've given me some hope. Do you know where the boost valve and the diverter live on one of these engines?..I think I've had something completely different replaced (of which there were two).

Thanks again,

Beef

The DV is under the right intercooler on a 190 1.8T...............
S_Line_BEX_190ps_diverter_1.sized.jpg

The N75 is fitted into the rubber turbo intake pipe at the top.

Here's a pic of my alloy Oettinger intake, you can see the N75 in the middle
Oettinger_Intake_Pipe_A4_011.sized.jpg

BUB