H&R vs Bilstein

shagga

Reaction score
Hi all,
Going to take the leap and get my suspension sorted on my S4 B6 Saloon.

And experiences with the above, good or bad??

Thanks in advance.

Talk to Damian@dpm, he is without a doubt 1st class in this field & service so far 2nd to none for me, cant fault him & he deals with both companies.

Have a look on RS246 as there's loads of owners reviews on there. Generally the H&R coilovers are considered a bit hard for most people for everyday use. Billy's or KW's are prefered options.

Is there any way you could try a similar car with either setup? Aftermarket suspension can be really jarring, especially on motorways. They follow tramlines much more, and on country roads, you often end up driving slower because the suspension makes the car feel unsettled so you have to back off. If it is only for show, then go for which ever is cheapest.

Is there any way you could try a similar car with either setup? Aftermarket suspension can be really jarring, especially on motorways. They follow tramlines much more, and on country roads, you often end up driving slower because the suspension makes the car feel unsettled so you have to back off. If it is only for show, then go for which ever is cheapest.

You've never driven an S-Line with quattro GmbH suspension then! ;)

The KW V1's I've fitted to my A4 are fantastic. The ride is improved over the S-Line set up and they offered just the right amount of drop I wanted.

KW_3.sized.jpg

If you're serious about your car and don't just want it on the deck you won't beat KW IMO. Their back up and customer service was some of the best I've experienced too :thumbsup:

Go for it! :racer:

BUB :beerchug:

i have to agree with bubstar my car on kw varients one is alot smoother on motorways, before i fitted the 19's it used to make my partner feel sick it was so smooth

Thanks guys,
Excuse my ignorance but I've not heard of them? Can anyone giv me Damien @ DPM's details? Bub your mota looks superb. What size rims are they?

Look further up Post 5 of this thread has all his info.

Bub your mota looks superb. What size rims are they?

Why thank you. :icon_thumright:

They're OE 18 inch 8x18 ET42mm. I've got MTM 10mm spacers on the rear and 8mm H&R spacers on the front.

DSCF1819.sized.jpg

Audi_Driver_International_2008.sized.jpg

BUB :kissmyrings: